What's new

Found my first Native American grooved axe!!! Woooot!!

fir469

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
71
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Hit the newest of my fields, the one that produced the points from my last post. Nabbed a broken quartz point and an unknown material broken tipped blade. On my way out heading back to the car I saw just a small knob of reddish stone sticking out, I hooked it with my rake and pulled a bit and saw the groove! I lost it, happy dance, hootin and hollerin.... My first axe ever! It's about 6" long and 3.5 inches wide. Found in Southern NJ...
 
Upvote 12
That's a killer axe head! And one That's on my wish list. Congratulations!
 
That is a GREAT find. I've never found one but always wanted to. Congrats. Tennessee digger
 
That's a sweet find! That's a deep groove, wonder how long it took to etch that groove in the rock?
 
That is amazing!!!
 
man, that is sweet. congrats!
 
Thx everyone for the kind words. I'm so stoked about it, I've shown everyone I've seen tonight lol. Now I can't wait to get back out there, been finding few points, lotta flakes, and today it was seeming like the field was drying up with finds. Good news is we have rain coming the next 2 days, so I'm in it to win it this week for sure! :headbang:
 
I remember my first one. Unforgettable.

I sat right down and let the antiquity sink in. It took a while.

Great find!
 
Perfect axe head, awesome congrats.
 
Great discovery !!!!



:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:
 
That's an awesome find, congrats! HH, Mike
 
Nice axe head! We don't have too many of those here in the desert ... no wood to cut! :-)
 
Now that's a nice axe!!
Congrats!!
 
VERY COOL! Congrats!!!
 
Very nice find....Banner.:thumbsup:

SS
 
Awesome find indeed, a big congrats on that one :thumbsup: I'm sure that put a big ole grin on your face ;D
 
Congrats fir , I posted my first grooved axe here a few weeks ago , same type of rock but the axe i found is slightly larger , found in the Jersey Cape . The rain and recent plowing of farm fields made it all happen ! I know how you feel , find that old is a once in a lifetime find but like I discovered .. most could give a rat's @$$l . Still a great day when you get one !

CMD
 
Very nice axe!
 
excellent find.....and in great condition....will make a great native american display
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom