What's new

Found my first Penny proof

patpall22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
436
Reaction score
174
Golden Thread
0
Location
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
Hey all,

I have probably searched around the same number of penny boxes as their are weeks in the year and this is my first Proof I have ever found. (1980 s) I also found the my first centennial Canadian penny too!!!
 

Attachments

  • penny proof 001.webp
    penny proof 001.webp
    14 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
You are on a roll(pun intended)!!! Keep up the good work. Maybe the banks in Carmel will be good, let us know.
 
I've searched quite a few pennies and haven't found a proof yet. I have found a canadian bicentinial, and I found a 1901 IH last week.
 
Dang Patpall, you must be living right (at least this week!!). Congrats on the proof cent.. I found one of those Canadien cents this week myself, but I believe it would be a Centenial, and not a Bicentenial.. Keep hitting it hard on your Christmas vacation and good luck to ya! Gpurs....
 
Wow, you're on a roll.

<<I have probably searched around the same number of penny boxes as their are months in the year >>

I search about that many boxes per week. I have about 15 of the Canada centenniel pennies. And Ihave ZERO proofs. So, your find is a rare one indeed. :-)

I have two IHs to my credit in the past few months, but amazingly enough both werwe found in the first three weeks or so of searching, and both were found BEFORE I got my Ryedale. No, I"m not losing the IHs now. Just not getting any lately. And NO proofs ... yet. :-)

Great find. Keep it up!! :-)

(Off topic, I hope you received your answers on the issue concerning your brother)
 
Thanks Ryan,
I hope to do more Mding In Carmel because The Boxes of halevs have ALL been skunks. I say this Know But I will probably relapse and hit every bank within a 50 mile radius within the week :D.

Thanks solderman,
congrats on the 1901 IH. Did you post it because I could not find the thread? The IH I found a few months back has made for my best CRH'ing experience I've ever had.

Thank you Gpurs for your kind words. I'm hitting some good boxes right know especially in the half's (around 2.3% silver per box) so I guess I'm living right but Ironically, My hot streak couldn't have come at a worse time
( finals week).
jrf30 said:
Wow, you're on a roll.


I search about that many boxes per week. I have about 15 of the Canada centenniel pennies. And Ihave ZERO proofs. So, your find is a rare one indeed. :-)

I have two IHs to my credit in the past few months, but amazingly enough both werwe found in the first three weeks or so of searching, and both were found BEFORE I got my Ryedale. No, I"m not losing the IHs now. Just not getting any lately. And NO proofs ... yet. :-)

Great find. Keep it up!! :-)

(Off topic, I hope you received your answers on the issue concerning your brother)

Hi Jrf30,

Wow, I didn't know that a proof penny was that hard to find. Are you keeping all your pre-81's, or just the wheats, IH's, Odd ones EXCT. Thats allot of boxes to search per week. Do you think that the Rydell is worth the money? Thanks for your thoughts concerning my Bro. I've got more answers from all at T-NET than I could have ever imagined.

I'll correct my post above (centennial)
 
I've gotten 2 IH pennies, and I've been through almost $900 in pennies, I have yet to get ANY proofs, nice find, I'm jealous. It's actually VERY high on my wants list.
 
Yes I am keeping my 1981s and back. PLus te copper 1982s. That one of hte joys of the Ryedale. I don't hvae to worry about which 1982s are copper adn which are zinc. It tells me automatically, at the same rate of speed as any other year. :-)

Would I recomend the Ryedale? I have to say that seriously it is the best piece of Thing equipment I hvae bought. I hvae numerous metal detectors. Have had a two box, plus my water units, and my regular White's (NOw a DFX). I use them, and have done well with them. I even had a 4" dredge at one point, so you can see tht I"ve done a lot of work in the area. But, teh Ryedale gives me keepers EVERY day. I'm running through 10 boxes per week from one bank, and 2 boxes per week form another bank. that's 12 per week, plus hte bank that gives me 2 gives me some other things form time to time. Sometimes nickels, or halves, or whatever. But, I work the pennies hard. The return is low, because hte keepers are mostly all worth only 1 penny above what they cost (A penny worth 2 cents)> But, the number of keepers per hour, plus the wheats (Almost up to 700 in the past three months. NOthing compared to the guys finding 600 in one box, or like CC did getting 1,800 in one day, but I hvae done it the hard way. Slowly, a little at a time.) plus the 2 IHs so far, and the JOY Of working hte pennies, yeah I recommend it. :-)

I unwrap the pennies while watching TV, which is boring to me anyway. I run them through the machine pretty fast, and so it doesn't take much time to get a bunch of keepers. So far I have about 41,000. That's only about a $450 profit if I were to sell them, but i can't say that I could make $450 with my metal detecor in 4 months. Unless I ran into something rare and unique. And Ive found silver while at the bank to pick up pennies, and other coins too. And mostly, it goes back to that enjoyment thing. I like using the Ryedale, sorting pennies, and i can do it EVERy day of hte year, rain or shine, hot or cold.

So I 'm sold on it. And will be MORE sold on it when I too find my first Penny proof! :-)

JOhn
 
Great job finding one that old. I found one last month, but it was a 1998S.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom