found my ghost town

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
ok so i grew up hereing stories about a town in the woods that went under in the early 1900s...talked to usgs and other local and state aginces and get this they said and i quote " there never was a town in that area " well now that is a load of bull....on google earth it showed an ald historic school, graveyard and hundreds of roads leeding no where (miles into the woods from the nerist blacktop)...hummm so i started exploring these roads and been doin it off and on for about a month and yesterday guess what there it was theres more foundations than room on my dig camera but heres the ones u can see...

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,158
this ones alittle newer than the other foundations

Attachments

• cabin 2.jpg
    cabin 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,170
Re: found my goast town

heres somthing cool

Attachments

• circle stone place.jpg
    circle stone place.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,161

some more

Attachments

• foundation-2.jpg
    foundation-2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,113
  • foundation-1.jpg
    foundation-1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,109

and more

Attachments

• foundation-5.jpg
    foundation-5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,101
  • foundation-4.jpg
    foundation-4.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,160
  • foundation-3.jpg
    foundation-3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,127

last ones that came out clear the sun was goin down and i had to hurry up and find my truck so a snaped the other not so clear pics on the go

Attachments

• foundation-8.jpg
    foundation-8.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,077
  • foundation-7.jpg
    foundation-7.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • foundation-6.jpg
    foundation-6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,099

Thanks for posting ! Those are great ....and thanks for telling Lisa and I the location of the site in chat! Hahahaha.....I would be all over thaty . You are lucky we dont live closer! Great find and cant wait to see the finds you bring out of there!

gypsyheart said:
Thanks for posting ! Those are great ....and thanks for telling Lisa and I the location of the site in chat! Hahahaha.....I would be all over thaty . You are lucky we dont live closer! Great find and cant wait to see the finds you bring out of there!
hahaha ;Dwhile u might think i told u the location theres over 100,000 acers of woods to search lol im from this area and took ma a month of physical and about 3 months reaserch to find it

bcs123 said:
gypsyheart said:
hahaha ;Dwhile u might think i told u the location theres over 100,000 acers of woods to search lol im from this area and took ma a month of physical and about 3 months reaserch to find it
So with me and Lisa looking ,it ought to take us about four and a half minutes!

Attachments

• Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,095
  • Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    Gypsy,Nana,Ashleen,Mona Lisa.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,071

gypsyheart said:
bcs123 said:
gypsyheart said:
So with me and Lisa looking ,it ought to take us about four and a half minutes!
come on over if u wanna try to find it..lol

I'm a comin', Gypsy!! It should take me about 14 hours to get there!! Four and a half minutes to find the cellarholes. ;)

They don't call me "The Queen of Cellarholes" for nothin'!! ;) :D ;D

Mona Lisa said:
I'm a comin', Gypsy!! It should take me about 14 hours to get there!! Four and a half minutes to find the cellarholes. ;)

They don't call me "The Queen of Cellarholes" for nothin'!! ;) :D ;D
...lol just let me know what side ur gonna be on so we can spread out and do a better search

well the info i gave was a little off...after doing some research thats not my town :'(...its an old river resort...but the good news is since i found it the info i got tells me my town is within a mile or two so im geting close to my goal.... ;D

Good luck, BCS. Talk to some hunters that live in the area. I bet one of them could lead you right to it. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back