What's new

Found near Gulf Shores

MichaelB

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
469
Reaction score
142
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mobile Bay, Alabama
The waves from the storms reveal a treasure.
 

Attachments

  • Indian Pot Shard Gulf Shores.webp
    Indian Pot Shard Gulf Shores.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,383
  • Indian Pot Shard Gulf Shores.webp
    Indian Pot Shard Gulf Shores.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,266
Nice find Michael !!! Indian pottery shard I'm guessing ??? Cool either way. :thumbsup:

Pcola

P.S. :tongue3: DUH! I just saw the filename of the picture to answer that question ;D
 
Very nice find, MichaelB! 8) Any chance you can post a picture of the back?

Nana :)
 
Have you found anymore stuff at the site?I think i know what tribe it is,and its very old :icon_study:
 
Yes, about 8 pieces in total all with similar patterns. They look like the same style of pottery that was found in the Bottle Creek Mound in the Delta of Mobile. I am guessing they come from the same period. This years storms have revealed a rash of pottery and arrowheads all along the eastern shore of Mobile Bay. I have seen several finds from different people.

MichaelB
 
Very cool find! Do you see any oyster shell pieces in the clay? Usually see them best on the back. Great patterns
 
The oyster shell bits are supposed to help heat the clay evenly when they are fired in the ovens...seems the oyster shells will heat up hotter than the clay and hold the heat...kinda like an ancient micro wave.

There are old tales of giant Native American skeletons being found around Gulf Shores around LaSalle and Bienville's time...and also rumors of other giant tribes West of here.

Happy hunting
 
Very cool pottery shards........................HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom