What's new

Found on Civil War/Colonial Site - What the ???

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was found on a site in central VA that hosted Civil War activity and was a colonial era home site as well. One person has suggested it might be part of a powder flask top/cap. The gap in the piece appears to be by damage, rather than design, but I can't tell for sure. Thanks for any input.

jgd 2015 1.webpjgd 2015 2.webp
 
Upvote 4
It's a Zincoln :tongue3:
 
I'll have to research that one Richard. Happy New Year & HH, Q.
 
I dont know much about civil war relics... But to my dumb eye, it looks like the letter C and maybe it was riveted fast to something, maybe youre missing an S and an A???
Hope for the best on this one!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom