What's new

found on farm

jerseyben

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
5,216
Reaction score
2,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the picture:

I have no clue what this is. Came from an old farm.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2287what.webp
    IMG_2287what.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 359
Here you go:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2298buckle.webp
    IMG_2298buckle.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0
I dont know but I dug 1/2 of what you have there . also on a farm :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a strap guide the center piece would have gone through a wooden part. And the end points would stick in the wood allowing the strap to slide freely. I don't believe it to be a broken buckle. the end points seam to be identical in shape and length. HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
I concur with Broken Knee. It appears to be a strap guide for two straps. The pointed pins would be driven into wood and the longer, center pin would be riveted through a board. That would provide two slots for straps. Certainly open to other ideas though.
 
Upvote 0
Here is mine I kept it cause the patina says its old. Same size as yours. Note the wear near the inside of the corner.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20110706_123414-1.webp
    IMG_20110706_123414-1.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 192
Upvote 0
They go on hames .. They are called "top loops" .. I'll find you a pic in a moment
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
They go on hames .. I'll find you a pic in a moment

Here you go ...
 

Attachments

  • hame trimmings.webp
    hame trimmings.webp
    84 KB · Views: 211
  • hame trimmings2.webp
    hame trimmings2.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom