What's new

Found on the 4th of July! My 13 year old son finds a GW Button!

muttandjeeps

Full Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
239
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
Moved from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts t
Detector(s) used
The Equinox 800 is the only one I need...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this beatiful sunny 4th of July day, my son Sam and I ventured off the beaten path to a foundation in the woods that looked promising. Nothing much seemed to want to be found until I got a small tombac button, as I'm calling out to him that I had a button, he said "me too". I'm sitting there looking at my little dime sized prize, and he starts hyperventilating and mumbling something about George Washington. Sure enough, in his hand was his prize, a GW Inaugural button. I'm sure this is a 4th he'll never forget. Happy 4th of July to all.
 

Attachments

  • P7040086.webp
    P7040086.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 3,217
  • P7040087.webp
    P7040087.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 3,193
  • P7040091.webp
    P7040091.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 3,189
  • P7040092.webp
    P7040092.webp
    34 KB · Views: 3,175
Upvote 0
Wow... So many cool parts to this story.

  • Just being able to detect with your son.
  • Having him find a button of such historical significance
  • Finding it on the Fourth of July
  • Just seems right that your son's name is Sam.

It's almost like you guys were destined to find this great button.

Neither one of you will ever forget that day !!!

My only memory of detecting with my dad on the Fourth of July was back in 1984. We came home to find the Red Sox were no-hit by Dave Righetti and the Yankees. But, we did find a ton of silver that day.

Congrats on an awesome find !!!!

Brian in MA
 
That is amazing! What a way to celebrate Independence Day!! Way to go all the way :)



~ Daina Leigh
 
Congrats on the button and Banner! :hello2:

I found the same button a few months ago (which also made the banner). I'm fairly certain you have the 5B there. The research I did showed a value of $5K-$7K depending on condition of course. Also, if I read correctly, General Knox (Knox's Brigade), Washington's artillery commander and future Secretary of War personally handed these buttons out which is also pretty cool.

You, me and a few others are part of an elite, slowly growing club of those that have unearthed these beauties. Here's wishing all T-Net diggers the best of luck in finding one and joining our club!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
 
Muddand jeeps have you guys recovered yet???
 
WOW WOW WOW!!! Congrats! How fitting of a find for the 4th! My hat's off to ya!
 
Congrats to you both on this find of a lifetime. :thumbsup: Banner, too!

HH
 
I haven't been on here in a couple days and miss a terrific find, a dream find on a great day, 13 must not be unlucky for him. I would get it framed with a nice pic of washington or something to hang on his wall. Congrats on a awesome find :thumbsup:. He must think your a awesome dad for taking him out.
 
:thumbsup:

AWSOME FIND!!!! I am voting BANNER FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Hunting
Coinshooter
 
SWEEEEEET !! And found on the 4th of July .. I'll never forget the day I found mine ! Congrats to Sam ! :headbang:

D. :thumbsup:
 
fantastic button find congrats :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Congrats on the GW button and the banner. Your going to have to change your name to the button king after the year your having with these great historical buttons.

One day I will find one of those. I know Goldrush found one a few months back and another member that found four on one hill here in NJ.

Best of luck on your future hunts.
NJ
 
Now thats whats its all about! Keep on beeping ! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: KAG
 
Grats!!! very nice and yes i'm sure he won't ever forget this 4th of july way to go kid
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom