What's new

Found on the Side of the Road

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Articulating piece of kit...any ideas? 4 lines of looseleaf equals 1 inch.
 

Attachments

  • whatsit 002.webp
    whatsit 002.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 798
I'm guessing Clamp.

But can't say exactly what it's Called ?
 
Upvote 0
I don't know anything about firearms, but it sure looks like a trigger mechanism.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the clamp end off of a trucker's chain (load) binder...........NGE
 
Upvote 0
Does it hold the tire together :laughing7: I was close............NGE
 
Upvote 0
Too Many Clamps to look at.
I Was thinking some type of Chain lock Down clamp .

But seen this. & Wonder if it is part of an Older
heavier one of these, Not knowing if
yours is in the correct position.

R160_21714_clamp_lg.webp
 
Upvote 0
I think NGE got it! It was found along side a road. Trucks drive down roads. Loads sometimes come loose when the cable or rope breaks. It broke and fell off and landed.........yes, we are back,....... beside the road. I think? Monty
 
Upvote 0
I think this ID correct. Small load binder clamp.

nowgittineverything said:
Looks like the clamp end off of a trucker's chain (load) binder...........NGE

07001885.jpg


Good ID!

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
YAY for me, Finally got one! I have used binders for steadying cars and trucks with full frames, to keep them on the frame machines, while str8ening frames. 45 years of doing autobody and frame repairs, that's why I knew what it was.........NGE
 
Upvote 0
Definitely something to pull something such as a chain tighter---so I'dsay it is a load binding clamp. The chain is heldby the hook--
 
Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
Looks like the clamp end off of a trucker's chain (load) binder...........NGE

Green Check! Thanks NGE!
 
Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
YAY for me, Finally got one! I have used binders for steadying cars and trucks with full frames, to keep them on the frame machines, while str8ening frames. 45 years of doing autobody and frame repairs, that's why I knew what it was.........NGE
Nice ID
 
Upvote 0
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Kemosabe, I luck out and get one every now and then! :headbang: M :laughing7: nty
 
Upvote 0
I've been putting snow chains on vehicles for over 50 years . Trucked for over 40 . That is a side
chain tensioner for a snow chain .
Jim
 
Upvote 0
OK I GIVE IN, I am wrong! I didn't notice the type of gripper on the end...... :notworthy:...........NGE I relinquish my crown.
 
Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
OK I GIVE IN, I am wrong! I didn't notice the type of gripper on the end...... :notworthy:...........NGE I relinquish my crown.
Mistaken , not wrong . I think you should keep your crown for all the good work you do all over TNet .
I only recognised that rascal because of all the fingers I have mashed with them since I began helping my Dad as a little kid .
Jim
 
Upvote 0
Ok, you've convinced me. I'll keep my crown. But I just noticed that if the links in the tie down chains you're using are large enough, you could feasibly twist the link a little and attach that gripper on the link, although a "grab" hook would be healthier to use.........NGE
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom