What's new

Found part of a Flintlock Mechanism - Dam, where's the rest!?

Magnum (using a) PI

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
216
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this small part yesterday that I managed to identify as part of a flintlock.
Scoured the entire area but nothing else to be found :icon_scratch:

Also two items I hope are coins once cleaned!

Flint Lock Diagram _2.webp
Flint Lock Diagram _22.webp
IMG_3621 - Copy.webp
IMG_3619 - Copy.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
metal_detector.gif
Wow - never would have thought that was a Flintlock Mechanism - neat find!
 
The parts you are pointing out are the tumbler, bridle and sear. These are not only in flintlocks, but also in percussion side locks. I am not sure your identification is correct, can you post a photo of the other side of your item? Is there a large squared post for the hammer to mount on the other side?
 
Very cool relic find! :occasion14:
 
Great find! It'll be interesting to see what the coins are! WTG H Digs!
 
Lovin it that is an awesome find the coins too good job!!!!!
 
Very cool it looks Hand Forged so I'm guessing it is super old

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger
 
well clearly someone long ago had the gun busted there --might have been a fight --things get dropped or lost --I'd check that spot out very carefully --because if they were fighting --they were fighting over sumpin worth while most likely --$$
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom