Kentucky Digger
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2016
- Messages
- 51
- Reaction score
- 25
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Boyd County, KY
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 150', Fisher F22, Garrett pro pointer 2
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I'm just now getting around to posting this but I went out Sunday for about 3 hours.
I've hit the area I started detecting in pretty hard. This was the 7 or 8 time I've detected the "barn yard." The little area had already produced 1 silver Rosie and 3 Zinc pennies. The lot is iron infested. There's been 2 barns and a double wide that has sat in the lot, but nonetheless I was determined. The land owner had said that she had lost a wedding ring and never found it, that's what I was going after to start with.
I've about an hour of detecting and just getting whole pop cans and nails. I got a hit, it was a faint good signal because iron was all around it. It turned out to be a 1961-D Roosevelt dime. Moral of the story: Never give up a site.
I've hit the area I started detecting in pretty hard. This was the 7 or 8 time I've detected the "barn yard." The little area had already produced 1 silver Rosie and 3 Zinc pennies. The lot is iron infested. There's been 2 barns and a double wide that has sat in the lot, but nonetheless I was determined. The land owner had said that she had lost a wedding ring and never found it, that's what I was going after to start with.
I've about an hour of detecting and just getting whole pop cans and nails. I got a hit, it was a faint good signal because iron was all around it. It turned out to be a 1961-D Roosevelt dime. Moral of the story: Never give up a site.
Attachments
Upvote
28







