What's new

Found some different material

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really sure what it was but I ain't found any point around here yet made of this kind of material... Any info is appreciated (found in central Alabama)
 

Attachments

  • 1489793056961.webp
    1489793056961.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 1489793089694.webp
    1489793089694.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 1489793123943.webp
    1489793123943.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 1489793155495.webp
    1489793155495.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
I've found and same the same white stuff out west......we just call it chert. :) BTW that second pic looks like more than a flake, a worked piece...a tool of some sort methinks.
 
Dont see much chert around here... Or I dont anyways... The 2 and 3rd pick are the same... Definitely had been worked I was thinking maybe a scraper.. Its tough stuff, must of been fire treated
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom