Found some goodies (1909 VDB -- NO S sorry guys)

DetectorBase

Dec 31, 2006
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w/SunRay X-1, X-5 and X-8 / Whites XLT / Whites GM3
Found some goodies (1909 VDB -- NO 'S' sorry guys)

When to an older highschool today. This place has been hit to death, and because of this, I never go there. Tonight, I thought it would be cool to give it a shot. I've seen guys swinging detectors there, and didn't want to listen to silence all night.

I started work and noticed right off that there were alot of trash targets and surface coins. Kinda odd, maybe it's not hit as hard as I thought. A few minutes later I was working a tree and got a good nickel tone. Took a little work to get the target out from under a root, but I'm glad I stuck with it. 1919 Buffalo came out! About ten minutes later I got a good penny tone at about 4" down in the hard packed dirt, and it was a 1909 Wheat! I always have to check for the 'S' mint mark.. but not to be found. Flipping it over, I saw the V.D.B on the back, which is my first V.D.B penny found. I've found all the other 1909 minus the 1909 S V.D.B.

Things started drying up and I thought a change of scenery would be cool. I went to a spot that I went to about 10 years ago and haven't been back since. It's a small lot and I was happy that it was still there and basically looked the same.

Doing some work in the area, I came up with a older foreign coin. Any info on this would be great. I'm guessing it's Belgium, but it's hard to determine. It says:

1904 Royaume de Belgique

and on the other side..

5 Ces

I also found a cool crucifiction pendant at a good 6" depth which would put it in the teens most likely.

IMG_1545.jpg

Thanks for lookin!
DB

Upvote 0
Re: Found some goodies (1909 VDB -- NO 'S' sorry guys)

Very nice finds! That would be a good day.

freakin' nickel slayer 8)

Nothing like a little variety! Good stuff!

Yep, 1904 Belgium 5 Centimes piece. Nice.

May not be a S but its still the first year and a V.D.B to boot, WTG!!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back