Found some goodies in german field

sarasotadigger84

Feb 26, 2015
Bradenton
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today for a hour and found what looks to be my first military button with a 11 on the front...any ideas? Also 2 modern pfennigs coins. Then this interesting figure of jesus I think with nails going through his hands...one nail still stands. Looks old and hollow in the middle. Nice detail. Wish I had more info on this. 20190617_114444.jpg20190617_114521.jpg20190617_114504.jpg20190617_114533.jpg

Upvote 9
Looks like some nice finds. I like that button, and partial crucifix figure.

The cross has imho an older "style" than it is. Seems pewter or something to me. Real old of this size would be copper alloy and likely solid cast.

Any marking in the backside of the 11 button? That peppled surface is imho rather recent, yet this was also a time when reg. numbers were no longer used. Is it copper / brass or alu?

Greets Namxat

19mm diameter? Regiment buttons of this style were worn on battle dress uniforms early WWI. So say 1914. Aluminum could be later, brass the early ones. More on the rare side of button finds. :icon_thumright:

Interesting finds. It seems unusual to see a Christ icon clean shaven like that - usually there's a beard when you see him. Maybe the rest of the artifact is nearby? Would be a fascinating reconstruction. Well done mate! :skullflag: :occasion14:

A very interesting find, perhaps part of a religious crucifix. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back