What's new

Found Some Nice Ones Today

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I looked for 5 hours today in 4 fields and was pleased to find these.














This one is a real heartbreaker.


 
Upvote 0
As always, you have colorful nice points…thanks for sharing.
 
Love the first point and like theviking said the last one would have been a killer:thumbsup:
 
Great points-- and ditto ditto on that last one. Man... HH Yak
 
Nice finds, you regularly find some of the nicest Kirk type points I have seen. I love the material and/or patina on the point in the top photo. I am curious about the pinkish point on the left in your 4th photo down, what is that brownish spot in the middle with the six darker diagonal lines in a "feather" pattern? Is that part of the cortex or rind of the material, or a fossil, or something else? Looks cool whatever it is. HH
 
Nice finds, Americus. Those points must stand out to you like a neon sign at a beer joint. I notice lots of things I used to miss since I got into this hobby. Training your eyes to see is something lots of people don't really do. HH.
 
Nice finds, you regularly find some of the nicest Kirk type points I have seen. I love the material and/or patina on the point in the top photo. I am curious about the pinkish point on the left in your 4th photo down, what is that brownish spot in the middle with the six darker diagonal lines in a "feather" pattern? Is that part of the cortex or rind of the material, or a fossil, or something else? Looks cool whatever it is. HH

It is a fossil.
 
You must be speed walking the fields to walk 4 in 5 hours. My friend can speed walk a gravel bar in mins. I hate walking behind him cause he doesn't miss much
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom