diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your pics I feel comfortable saying the EK2 is a Deschler & Sohn. It looks spot on to me. I'd say in the 250 - 300$ range for it. Very good score! The patches also look good in the pics, so all in all I'd say you did really well on the lot.
Thanks for the confirmation. I appreciate all the help you've been on this thread.

i would go to the vfw and ask for help on anything you can not i and maybe donate some to the vfw,or too a museum,, ether way cool find
Not trying to be funny or anything but I already make a semi annual donation to my local VFW. :thumbsup: I have several friends there. I already know what everything is more or less. I was just posting close ups for confirmation of suspected authenticity.

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta agree with Ken. The EK looks good to me; the breast eagles OK I guess too.

Good score. Make some bucks.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to bring this post back up but I need to post some more photos. I can't figure out how to add a URL to post the photos on another website, so i'm gonna link them to this thread for ID purposes of a couple items.

100_7319.jpg 100_7320.jpg 100_7321.jpg 100_7322.jpg 100_7325.jpg 100_7326.jpg 100_7347.jpg 100_7342.jpg

grimlin13

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=diggummup;2832735 Now I need to figure out my best outlet to get rid of this stuff.
Keep or sell the coins and US stuff. You should make out OK on the coins and the rest if you only paid 150. I would burn/trash the Nazi stuff or donate to a museum. Bad voodoo to profit off of it and keep it in circulation.
Though it is historical, there are too many sickos that get "inspired" by it. just MHO

That is the most asinine comment I have ever heard. You could say that about every era in history, in example: Burn all that Confederate stuff because..., Burn all that 1860s Indian War U.S. Army Cavalry crap because..., Burn all that 1st century Roman garbage because..., Burn all that 19th and 20th dynasty Egyptian filth because... Need I go on?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
=diggummup;2832735 Now I need to figure out my best outlet to get rid of this stuff.

That is the most asinine comment I have ever heard. You could say that about every era in history, in example: Burn all that Confederate stuff because..., Burn all that 1860s Indian War U.S. Army Cavalry crap because..., Burn all that 1st century Roman garbage because..., Burn all that 19th and 20th dynasty Egyptian filth because... Need I go on?

You created an account to resurrect a thread from this summer TO SAY THAT? No, it is not asinine!
I have some nazi era coins and I personally feel the same way. I would not be comfortable profiting off them so instead I decided to keep them in my collection as a reminder of a dark time in human history.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup,
Not sure if this is helpful, but I am an American Historian--well, at least I have a M.S. in American History and taught several years at the college level before coming an ap. One suggestion is to contact one of the many Holocaust Museums. They often buy high quality historical items to show case. I would start with sending the pics to the National Holocaust Museum. You never know exactly what type of jewels you may have. They are experts and often willing to purchase items that would otherwise be lost to the public. It is not trying to profit from others misfortune, but a way to show the world the hardships. Keep in mind that historians do research, but they also write books . . . and they sell them for a price as well. Steven Spillberg??? Doubt all the actors in his historical movies worked for free.
Just a thought.
apush

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold the shoulder boards on eBay and I sold the breast eagles to a collector/dealer. The rest is in my collection of collections. I do not condone any of the atrocities committed by a psychopath, but it is history. Lest we forget.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Can I ask what the shoulder boards brought on ebay, just out of curiosity?

And, what are the triangular patches? I've spent my life reading about WWII, and should know, but it is evading my memory right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had 1 shoulder board, I sold it for 29.99. The triangle things are Gefreiter and Obergefreiter rank insignia chevrons. They sold for 12.99 each as well as the the little round black and white felt thing next to the iron cross, it's called a Waffen SS oberschutze rank pip. The eagle breast patches sold together to one guy as follows-

10- BeVo Enlisted Grey on Green Heer eagles $30.
1- BeVo Enlisted Grey on Black Panzer eagle $50 in "as is" condition,
1- BeVo Enlisted Grey on Field grey Heer cap eagle $20

1- Embroidered Enlisted Luftwaffe eagle $25.

grimlin13

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You created an account to resurrect a thread from this summer TO SAY THAT? No, it is not asinine!
I have some nazi era coins and I personally feel the same way. I would not be comfortable profiting off them so instead I decided to keep them in my collection as a reminder of a dark time in human history.

There`s been a lot of dark times in human history. Should we shut it all away in hopes it will be forgotten?People don`t seem to mind making a profit off selling American Indian artifacts or items from the U.S. Army Cavalry that slaughtered those Native Americans. The American government commited a far worse crime against humanity than Hitler did and continue to persecute the Native American to this day. Guess where the Nazis came up with the idea on how to set up their concentration camps and how to deal with the Jews?They followed the U.S. Governments examples on dealing with the Native American. Do your history! And I didn`t create an account to "resurrect" a thread from this summer TO SAY THAT!

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There`s been a lot of dark times in human history. Should we shut it all away in hopes it will be forgotten?People don`t seem to mind making a profit off selling American Indian artifacts or items from the U.S. Army Cavalry that slaughtered those Native Americans. The American government commited a far worse crime against humanity than Hitler did and continue to persecute the Native American to this day. Guess where the Nazis came up with the idea on how to set up their concentration camps and how to deal with the Jews?They followed the U.S. Governments examples on dealing with the Native American. Do your history! And I didn`t create an account to "resurrect" a thread from this summer TO SAY THAT!

"Do your history"? I'm sure if I look it up that you would be correct. However, did I say ANYTHING about that? No, you brought it up in an attempt to make a smart-blank comment towards me.

Second, what point do you hope to prove by saying what you said? Your comments like "how to deal with the Jews" and "how to deal with the Native Americans" sure is a questionable thing to say.

Lastly, how can you quantify one crime against humanity as being worse than another? I am sure to different groups, one crime will always be the "worst". In reality, they are all atrocities that must never be forgotten and are equally egregious.

grimlin13

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Do your history"? I'm sure if I look it up that you would be correct. However, did I say ANYTHING about that? No, you brought it up in an attempt to make a smart-blank comment towards me.

Second, what point do you hope to prove by saying what you said? Your comments like "how to deal with the Jews" and "how to deal with the Native Americans" sure is a questionable thing to say.

Lastly, how can you quantify one crime against humanity as being worse than another? I am sure to different groups, one crime will always be the "worst". In reality, they are all atrocities that must never be forgotten and are equally egregious.

If I was going to make a "smart-blank" comment to you, I would have said something a little more derogatory towards your narrow minded mentality and your obvious need to get up on your soap box to make yourself feel better about yourself.

Second, the comments about " how to deal with the Jews" and "how to deal with the Native American" were meant to be considered as quotes. I figured you might be smart enough to relize that without me putting them as quotes.

Lastly, there were crimes against humanity that were worse than others. Complete genocide would be considered worse than an attempt at one and I guess I had better make this clear for you, I`m not talking about any particular instance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread