What's new

Found the Giants ring today!

Tattooguy67

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
333
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I think this is a really neat find! did some research and it said this was a souvenir of the circus hall of fame in Florida, the oldest it could be is 1956 according to the web page http://www.quasi-modo.net/Giant_Rings2.html scroll to near the bottom to see one in better shape then mine
101_0459.jpg

101_0461.jpg

101_0466.jpg

at first i thought it was a napkin ring til i cleaned it up some and saw the Circus Hall of Fame.
Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed my "Big Find"

Chuck.
 
Upvote 20
Seen similar types. Neat find for sure.
 
Maybe it was the sideshow circus giants ring? ;D
 
Bonus!!! Nice ring.. I've found 9 ring's this year!!
WTG :hello2:

Happy Hunting!!
 
found some of them over the years with
Giant's Names on them
Mostly from Circus's

Yours is probably From the hall of fame
Though.

Nice Find !
 
I own a large Circus Hall Of Fame ring

I think this is a really neat find! did some research and it said this was a souvenir of the circus hall of fame in Florida, the oldest it could be is 1956
Chuck.

I own one of these rings, in the 1960's I was about 5 years old, my parents took me to a circus in Florida, I will assume by the same name which is on the ring, "Circus Hall Of Fame" the Clown's pulled me out of the audience to participate in one of their Acts, at which time one of the Clowns handed me the ring. As a child, that ring was so very huge, I thought I could put by whole hand in it and wear is as bracelet, not so mutch today, but I can get two of my fingers though it. I still have today, after some 45-50 years, here are some pictures of my ring,
Circus Hall Of Fame Ring 3 of 3.webpCircus Hall Of Fame Ring 2 of 3.webpCircus Hall Of Fame Ring 1 of 3.webp
 
That one will definitely stand out in the ring collection display! Nice find, and thanks for sharing.
 
That's pretty cool, I want one now.
Congrats!!
 
Trump must have lost his ring, as big as his hands are
 
untitled.webp...have seen a few posted over the years - cool find :thumbsup:
 
Thats a neat find. I've never seen a ring like that.
 
Congratz on one crazy ring!
 
Google the name Clifford Marshal Thompson. My dad tells me stories of replica rings of his that the circus would sell as souvenirs. He said you could drop a half dollar through his ring. The ones for sale weren't made of precious metals.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom