Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just wanted to to a little bragging. I found one of the sweetest detecting sites to date. My buddy and I researched a small town outside of where I live, that has a high school buit in the early 1900's it has been redone a few times and added on to but the one thing that remains original is the foot ball field, built in 1916 and literally never touched it has become decrepit and only used for football practice since they built a brand new field about 10 years ago just adjacent to it. We have been hitting this field hard since we went out there about a month ago. We knew it was promising when the very first find of the day was a 1945 Mercury Dime, by my buddy of course. My best find of the day was a 1917 wheat penny and a student body president lapel pin dated 1952. This field is literally untouched when it comes to detectors. Total finds for the day between 3 of us included $22.34 in clad 14 wheat pennies, 8 Roosevelts, 4 silver Washington quarters, 1 1917-S standing liberty quarter, 1 war nickel, lapel pin, zippo lighter from 1960's, small sterling ring, and an 1806 silver Mexican Real on a sterling rope chain. Needles to say it was a whopping good day. Since then we have only been out there two other times due to the cold weather and the frozen ground. And all three times have produced silver targets between 2 and 14 inches. I will post some pics next time we go out since I didn't have my camera. I just wanted to share with everyone that just when you think a place has been pounded over and over with detectors think again, because this place I believe to be an untouched gold mine.

Upvote 0
That sounds like an amazing place!

That's thrilling just to think about, I hope I'm lucky enough to stumble upon untouched ground some day too. I'm also researching the town of Deland where I live now. I googled a 1884 birds eye view map of it. I like the layout and think I'm only 1& 1/2 a mile away from the oldest house ever built here. I'm heading to the Masonic lodge area first, Railroad Depot second and maybe the old Hotel spots if I can get anywhere near them.
Historic Map: DeLand 1884 Bird's Eye View 24x39, Atlas: DeLand 1884 Bird's Eye View, Florida - Historic Map Works, Residential Genealogy ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back