Neogeo Bronze Member Joined Jan 24, 2009 Messages 1,657 Reaction score 287 Golden Thread 0 Location Austin T.X. Apr 4, 2011 Thread Owner #1 I think the round thing is a ball of tar. A side creek Calcite It's lighter then it looks,does not float,does not scrstch with your fingernail,But a hot pin will go into it.
I think the round thing is a ball of tar. A side creek Calcite It's lighter then it looks,does not float,does not scrstch with your fingernail,But a hot pin will go into it.
Harry Pristis Bronze Member Joined Feb 5, 2009 Messages 2,365 Reaction score 1,315 Golden Thread 0 Location Northcentral Florida Apr 4, 2011 #2 The curly bivalve appears to be Exogyra ponderosa. The mold looks to be a pectinid (scallop), but can't be certain. Both are Cretaceous in age. The translucent pebble may be gypsum. That's a pretty creek!
The curly bivalve appears to be Exogyra ponderosa. The mold looks to be a pectinid (scallop), but can't be certain. Both are Cretaceous in age. The translucent pebble may be gypsum. That's a pretty creek!
Neogeo Bronze Member Joined Jan 24, 2009 Messages 1,657 Reaction score 287 Golden Thread 0 Location Austin T.X. Apr 4, 2011 Thread Owner #3 Thanx for the id's....Yeah that a pretty creek for sure..Those large bivalves are everywhere there..
SnakemanBill Sr. Member Joined Apr 24, 2008 Messages 411 Reaction score 233 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Tesoro Tiger Shark Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 5, 2011 #4 Is that Walnut Creek south of Austin? Used to camp there when I lived in Texas. lots of Exogyra to be found. Great place to look for snakes too!
Is that Walnut Creek south of Austin? Used to camp there when I lived in Texas. lots of Exogyra to be found. Great place to look for snakes too!
Neogeo Bronze Member Joined Jan 24, 2009 Messages 1,657 Reaction score 287 Golden Thread 0 Location Austin T.X. Apr 5, 2011 Thread Owner #5 It's close to it....Yeah the walnut is packed with'em
SnakemanBill Sr. Member Joined Apr 24, 2008 Messages 411 Reaction score 233 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Tesoro Tiger Shark Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 6, 2011 #6 Don't know where I got Walnut Creek?? Must be another park I visited in the Hill Country. I meant to say Mckinney Falls State Park?
Don't know where I got Walnut Creek?? Must be another park I visited in the Hill Country. I meant to say Mckinney Falls State Park?
allen Platinum Member Joined Jul 16, 2004 Messages 20,065 Reaction score 215 Golden Thread 0 Location Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m Detector(s) used ace 250 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 18, 2011 #7 those would look awesome in a display case !