photos 001.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,379

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
What does the bottom of this bullet look like.is it a cone cavity or does it have a small round hole in it.
The way the out side look like it has pits on it look like it might be a explosive gardiner.But the bottom will tell the truth.Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9

OP
OP
ecastro111

ecastro111

Oct 23, 2006
Rio Grande Valley
Detector(s) used
Garret Infinium/Fisher CZ7a
The bottom view of the bullet has a cone cavity but I could only clean it about 3/4 of the way since it has a very hard sand deposit (rock hard). My guess would be that it was under water for some time. What do you suggest to remove this? One side had the same hard deposit which I removed with a tooth brush and hot water after an overnight soaking. But the same technique doesn't work for whats left of the remaining.

Thanks,
Ernie

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
you could use a small knife point,but be careful not to cut into the lead or yourself.The cavity could have a design,pointed cavity or a plug cavity etc.Just be careful!!!!
That is a very nice dropped condition CW bullet.Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9

ww2digger

Aug 27, 2008
I have discovered an excellent tool for this in, in all places, the dentists chair.

I managed to scrounge something called a 'descaler' off the Dentist. Basically it is a double ended instrument with flattened hooks on each end. It is proving invaluable at cleaning hard to reach places in delicate objects. The instrument is incredibly hard and made from high quality and STRONG steel so it doesn't bend when they descale your teeth, or try and dig crap outta relics ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hope this helps.

ww2digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread