What's new

Found this eagle belt buckle- date?

PowerDubs

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2015
Messages
435
Reaction score
1,077
Golden Thread
0
Location
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulled this in my neighbors yard. It is 1 3/4 in size. Sorry I don't have a pic of the back right now, but it is def a belt buckle IMO..

Any ideas on the age?

For record, I live in an old town, and have pulled a 1775 coin from my own yard...but I know that doesn't mean anything for this- I see it has 13 dots up above, but I don't know much so that might not mean anything... :icon_scratch:


IMG_5594.webp
 
Upvote 8
Anywhere from 1901 to present
 
All I can tell you about it is that it is a beauty!
 
vintage-great-seal-of-the-united-states-leather-insert-pewter-belt-buckle-b131-8e1dce95cc1e39...webp maybe was attached to a similar type buckle
 
Looks more like a horse bridle rosette to me. Cool find. Congrats!
 
it is a "great seal" design --similar to those used on military buttons --starting in 1902 and still used today -- its size and shape makes me think it is a old cavalry horse boss (say 1902 Spanish American war thru say 1941 WW2 era) --a photo of its back side would help greatly...the 13 dots are actually stars --one for each of the "original" 13 colonies ...
 
Last edited:
It is a great seal. Not made before 1901. A picture of the back would be great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom