What's new

Found this fob yesterday...

Shawano~

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
SWMI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Fisher CZ20
Found this yesterday at an old farm house. I thought it was a dog tag, but a good friend of mine, said that dog tags don't have the slot like this. He thinks it is a hotel key fob or something like that... Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 1910 Tag.webp
    1910 Tag.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 627
  • 1910 Tag.webp
    1910 Tag.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 626
Upvote 0
CATFISHJK1 said:

:thumbsup:

As posted in What Is It?...

I believe that it's a dog license tag issued in 1910. Bone's book on tags indicates that Ross, Michigan first began issuing them in 1901. Although less common, there were slotted dog license tags, and you can see a couple of examples at:

http://www.doglicense.org/tagFilesMain.php
 
There was a Ross hotel in Laredo Texas 1909-1910. I think PBK hit it on the head.
 
Looks like a baggage tag. Must be from the hotel mentioned or possibly a railroad nearby?
 
I'm for dog license. Looks like these were hand stamped on stock blanks which could have been used for luggage tags, etc. Why would a hotel tag or luggage tag have a date? The date for me is the giveaway that it is probably a dog license.
 
Nice dog tag and it looks like the ground took good care of it for you !

Tom
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom