What's new

Found this folded up and tucked in a book I just bought ..

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder what year it actually dates to and who wrote it?

Not really solved, but it was interesting to me to find the origins of the letter, and its subsequent adaptations. :icon_thumright: Thanks "bigcypresshunter" :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • nixon.webp
    nixon.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 649
Looks like a Political SPAM Email Before EMail
 
Upvote 0
jeff of pa said:
Looks like a Political SPAM Email Before EMail


I like that description, Jeff! :laughing7: That's a great way to put it! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
I gave 'em a sword. And they stuck it in, and they twisted it with relish. And I guess if I had been in their position, I'd have done the same thing.
Richard M. Nixon
 
Upvote 0
Heres the same letter with Bill Clintons name substituted, page 387.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ydb4z6o



jeff of pa said:
Looks like a Political SPAM Email Before EMail
Jeff is correct. This satirical letter has been making rounds, in varying forms, ever since the President Harry S. Truman days.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Remove that long url I first posted because its messing up the page. . I used tinyurl, its better. Thanks :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I wish I could find one like this for Gordon Brown ;D.

hammered
 
Upvote 0
The verbage of the letter indicates to me that it was produced in the 70's during Nixon's reign.

Scott
 
Upvote 0
AU24K said:
The verbage of the letter indicates to me that it was produced in the 70's during Nixon's reign.

Scott
It was no doubt written during the Nixon days or shortly after but this letter has been around since the Truman days.
 
Upvote 0
The Nixon Library (Birth Place and Grave Site) is located in Yorba Linda, a few miles from where I am...would be funny to walk around and drop copies :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom