SilverCreekMiningOutfit
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- May 11, 2016
- Messages
- 7
- Reaction score
- 13
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
18
Sorry boys, those are smaller than CB caps. They are actually BB cap sized, and Mirage, CBs certainly do have a powder charge. As Don says they are European Flobert rounds for "salon" (indoors) shooting.
BB Caps have round balls, rather like a BB instead of the conical round of the cartridges in the pictures shown. Most sources note that the only propellant in these rounds is the primer charge, no additional powder is used in them, though I suppose that could depend on the specific manufacturer. Interesting find regardless.
BB and CB refer to size of cartridge and have nothing to do with BBs as in BB guns. A BB cap can have a round or a pointed projectile. All CB caps have a powder charge, go buy some and open them up, I have opened up every type of .22 ammo when I was younger. You can kill varmints with CBs, they are less powerful than shorts, but I have killed a chuck with one at 50 feet.
Forgive me, but I highly doubt it, especially when you consider all the numerous manufacturers and countries of origin of that caliber. Not to say you don't have a good amount of experience with firearms and ammunition, but that claim is just a little suspect. I think we're just going to agree to disagree.