Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I was very happy with my last hunt on an old Union camp site. I found 18 minies and very little trash. Well I got home from work today and as always my wonderful girl friend puts whatever was left in my pockets after a washing on top of my dryer. For some reason I walked through the laundry room this afternoon and saw this on top of the dryer. I picked it up and realized what it must have been. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422487064.016538.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422487083.362533.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422487104.247681.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422487126.832981.jpg
It is a heart shaped rock that has lead melted around the edges. I am guessing a soldier was sitting around camp making this for a loved one and dropped or lost it before he got to give it to them. What do yall think?

Upvote 0
That's a really cool unique piece. I would love to know the story behind it. I wonder if the whole thing was covered at one time like a locket?

Could be a craved bullet, Nice find!!

That's the story you should go with. :) Also, check to see if it's pewter... might make the story more interesting!

Lead from the balls would make the most sense, though...

I was very happy with my last hunt on an old Union camp site. I found 18 minies and very little trash. Well I got home from work today and as always my wonderful girl friend puts whatever was left in my pockets after a washing on top of my dryer. For some reason I walked through the laundry room this afternoon and saw this on top of the dryer. I picked it up and realized what it must have been. View attachment 1112255View attachment 1112256View attachment 1112257View attachment 1112258
It is a heart shaped rock that has lead melted around the edges. I am guessing a soldier was sitting around camp making this for a loved one and dropped or lost it before he got to give it to them. What do yall think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back