What's new

Found this item on a short hunt this morning....looks almost churchish? to me

mighty_mace

Full Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2007
Messages
217
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
Schuylkill County, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this at about 5-6" down and was giving me a dime vdi number. No Idea what it is.....or what the emblem stands for.


whatisit.gif


Here is a size reference pic:

sizewhatisit.gif


Here is a picture of the back, only type of ID was this number on the edge. It looks like some sort of mounting device or post in the middle.

backandidwhatisit.gif
 
I'd say Dial for something.

The raised part on the Front being the
Pointer

Maybe even for an Oil Lamp

230369825446_1_0_1.webp

Just a Guess at this point
 
Upvote 0
Hmm could be, I see what you mean. Looks like something is missing at about the 12' o clock position in the first pic, like it was broken off.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a sports medal??
 
Upvote 0
Re: Found this item on a short hunt this morning....looks almost churchish? to m

4-H said:
Whoa! That's a good ID. The Baby on your avatar? Cute :thumbsup:

thanks, he'll be taggin along soon
 
Upvote 0
Re: Found this item on a short hunt this morning....looks almost churchish? to m

mighty_mace said:
4-H said:
Whoa! That's a good ID. The Baby on your avatar? Cute :thumbsup:

thanks, he'll be taggin along soon

Maybe you'll be the one tagging along. :icon_sunny:

Nice find, but I have no idea what it is. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
He just started crawling so we are definately the ones taggin' along right now, lol.

Jeff, the item I found feels pretty heavy to be used to raise/lower the wick. It's got some mass to it. Unless it was a pretty big oil lamp. But that's about the closest I got right now.
 
Upvote 0
mighty_mace said:
He just started crawling so we are definately the ones taggin' along right now, lol.

Jeff, the item I found feels pretty heavy to be used to raise/lower the wick. It's got some mass to it. Unless it was a pretty big oil lamp. But that's about the closest I got right now.

Yes after second looks & Thoughts
it looks Extremely Familiar.

I Believe it is a Knob.

Maybe for a Heater or Light.

I Also Believe it fit Flush with the Surface.

I also believe the raised area is
to be able to turn it one click at a time
with a thumb.

Still can't Figure What it goes to though.
Maybe Very old car ? stove ? Heater ?

I'll Check my Miners Lamps in the Morning
although i can't remember a knob on them
 
Upvote 0
Can't place my finger on it but it looks like an academic symbol or business school symbol. Future business leaders...educators in business....something something.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom