Found this

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
Was out doing a little hike today at lunch and found this. Took a plastic baggy size sample from the inlet. Pictured is the "outlet" side and not much material but on the "inlet" side there was at least 4 inches of material including rocks built up.

I didn't get a pic of the inlet side because it was under brush and too close to a bank to get a decent pic.

Im going to pan the material to see if there is anything. If anything its good practice.

Attachments

• catch.jpg
    catch.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 987
  • catch2.jpg
    catch2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 983
Upvote 0

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi tapoutking,

You never know. In Fairplay, CO ( in town ) you can actually pan the street gutters and find gold ! How do I know this? Several of us tried it during Burro Days a few years back and sure enough there is gold in Fairplays street gutters. LOL Anything is possible. ;D

So just keep looking cause you never know.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great place for rattlers,skunks,black widows and ya gonna luv them tarantulas. In over 52+ years a prospecting and mining I have never seen a single flake,speck,picked or nugget come outta one a them drain pipes. Know 1,000's who tried but no success-internet old wives tale to me currently--John

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
some guy said on another site that he has been panning for over 25 years and he has never heard of anyone finding any gold in culverts like that

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
WOW 25 YEARS! From what I have found if someone says they never find gold in a certain spot it means they found some and dint want you to know, my friends dad said I never find anything on xxx creek so I never looked until my wife said we have private access to a certain part of that same creek, turns out theres gold in that same creek and quite a bit too. That's why I am not telling you the name. Keep hunting!! Test test and test some more, every where you can get to test. Gravelwasher

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Gravelwasher said:
WOW 25 YEARS! From what I have found if someone says they never find gold in a certain spot it means they found some and dint want you to know, my friends dad said I never find anything on xxx creek so I never looked until my wife said we have private access to a certain part of that same creek, turns out theres gold in that same creek and quite a bit too. That's why I am not telling you the name. Keep hunting!! Test test and test some more, every where you can get to test. Gravelwasher

Well now I didn't say I believed him just what he posted. Actually there is a culvert up near a friends cabin that I bet has never been looked at and I was going to check it out just tp apease my curiousity lol

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the record,and due to the fact it is far from a secret,I have found a lot of gold in culverts.....when I USED to look there.An old timer in the 70's was always crawling around in them and one day I asked him,he reluctantly told me.He had been doing it before anybody had thought about it,and found quite a little bit.

NOT A WIVES TALE :thumbsup:

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that when guys find productive ones they come back and weld a locked gate on them. Just what I heard- still looking for the locked one. ;)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
I've heard that when guys find productive ones they come back and weld a locked gate on them. Just what I heard- still looking for the locked one. ;)

Never heard or seen that one??Seems the road dept. would not be real happy?

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have checked a few with not much luck. I went back to one I thought would be a good spot after a record rain fall and it was swept clean. All punched out and a sand bar of light stuff on the exit side; every thing else was long gone.
I keep looking for any good hiding places. You have to think like a chunk of gold. Hang in there!
Try panning some of the material in the pond just before the tube entrance.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my weird brain the picture reminds me of a burger with a bite taken out of it, so where's the beef? There is nothing in this world like trying as one never knows just what one can do if one trys. As for me, I will keep on trying.

Thanks for the input and the picture with that lovely colored critter...... 63bkpkr

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be good pratice but you should also find some gold in the there tub it is like a big sluice box... let us know I would vaccum out all the riffles as clean as I could get them if possible

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread