FOUND: VIETNAM PHOTOJOURNAL

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
............Actually this was found at a small town auction!! It is a personal photo album of a U.S. Marine stationed in Vietnam in 1968!! I have photos of the marine and his buddies going thru the jungles of Vietnam and also pictures of Marines on top of Tanks..............very historic.........sad to think that this all came out of an Estate Sale and that none of his family wanted this!!...........If anyone is interested............................. I can post some of the photos...........the album is not for sale!!....................I like Historic/Military related Photo Albums/Journals.................I have another one that I inherited from my dad....................Shows Army life pre-WWII.................it is just amazing at what can be found at Garage Sales/Auctions!!................Joe

claymation

Oct 14, 2007
NM
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, I would very much like to see some of these photos and any info on the marine units in the pictures. This is very cool.

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.............HERE'S SOME PIC'S..............

Attachments

• VIET NAM TANK COMMANDER.JPG
    VIET NAM TANK COMMANDER.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 554
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..........MORE PIC'S...........

Attachments

• MARINES VIET NAM.JPG
    MARINES VIET NAM.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 545
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
............MORE PIC'S.............

Attachments

• MARINES AROUND TANK.JPG
    MARINES AROUND TANK.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 543
OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.............I was going to comment on each photo...................but I think that each photo speaks for itself.......................I THINK THAT IT IS TRUE THE SAYING..............ONE PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS........................no names and no identification of the Marine Unit besides what can be seen in the photo's........................I was only a kid when these pic's were made......I still remember coming home after school and watching my dad watch the Evening News with Walter Cronkite................I was almost drafted in my senior year of high school....(the class before me did get drafted!!)....But President Nixon came on the TV and stated that the war was ended and that the troops were coming home!!.............................LOTS OF MEMORIES IN THESE PHOTOS.........HH....JOE

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take care of this treasure well.

My brother-in-law saw two terms of duty in 'Nam as a photographer. (Marines). In their infinite wisdom, the Marines presented him with copies of the pictures he had taken for them, all neatly put in photo albums, bound and dated. A camera in one hand, an M16 in the other.

About three weeks after he and HIS brother-in-law got home (they enlisted together and served together), the albums arrived at his home. His brother-in-law committed suicide a few days later - and the only pictures my brother-in-law had of his brother-in-law were taken on the trek back out of the forests of 'Nam. It almost destroyed my brother-in-law and it took him a long time to look at them.

Someone's heart and soul are in those photo albums.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread