found what looks like alot of golden eggs

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone,

im new here, i was recently in morocco hanging out with a very close family friend who found on his property a bunch of these things that look like gold eggs. i am told they are not gold, but they are very old and worth a lot of money. whether or not this is true i have no idea and hope one of you can shed some light on it. they have a word for what they are but i don't know how to spell it. it sounds like this "YAH-HOOOTS"... i will attach a few photos. like i said i don't have to many specifics on them, as far as weight they felt like they weigh a little more than an average mouse. want to get the tested but in morocco it is very hard. if it is found to be worth money everyone will want. here are some photos...please either respond here or email me at [email protected]

thanks

20000110_083026.jpg 20000110_083030.jpg 20000110_083106.jpg 20000110_083122.jpg 20000110_083337.jpg

OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i didnt want to say this because i thought it sounded like b.s, but supposedly people in morocco rip apart their land and so on to find treasure. they are pretty superstitious including my family there. if they have a dream of a hidden treasure somewhere on a property they rip it apart to find. usually finding nothing, sometimes they do. in morocco when you find things like this you dont tell many people because you can get killed or robbed very quick. only a handful of people know we have these. and the b.s part was what one old old old old old man told us about these being from ancient time, and something to do with salt water and fresh water meeting and this being the result. idk how much i like that story haha, but i do believe there is some worth to them whether small or large. even if its worth one dollar its still an awesome find. especially to find almost 50 and they way they were hidden under concrete dirt and more. someone hide them clearly never could get back to them a house was build above it and they were lost.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i never got a chance to get any measurements. i know that would help immensely...they are still with my friend, found them the day before my ticket to come home, had no time to go out and get instruments to get the proper measurements.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK My eyesight is changing on them now,
So what looks like they are wrapped in something golden is just reflection
from the Towel, & Cotton, they are laying on .

WOW that really messed with my Mind on what I was seeing in the pics :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Reulte

Jun 26, 2013
Currently Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like hematite stone to me; smooth, glossy/glassy and relatively heavy. I believe hematite is an iron oxide and is found in Morocco. I have no clue about the 'pie crust' surrounding it.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like hematite stone to me; smooth, glossy/glassy and relatively heavy. I believe hematite is an iron oxide and is found in Morocco. I have no clue about the 'pie crust' surrounding it.

Yea I just realized the "pie Crust" look is simply reflection of what they are laying on.

neeks picture in post #22 is the best view

20000110_083739.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the color looks gold or yellow brass , but hard to tell my photo alone .
but if they were burried under a concrete floor they could have been there a few years to a very long time.
were they wrapped in anything or just laying in the sand ?
i would think local researchers would know better then some of us Americans .
maybe you can reach out to museums to see if there were any golden eggs ? or they may be able to give you a lead on who to ask.
just give them a false name and say you are a friend of a friend who was talking about these eggs and have no idea where they are or where they were found and your friend is scared to come forward.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow google image search of "gold hematite egg" and there are alot that look the same size and shape just not color.

Upvote 0

CKaufman

Feb 3, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 /tesoro silver sabre umax/
garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a hunch but around here the local farmers use egg shaped objects and even golf balls to get their chickens to lay their eggs by "tricking" the chickens into laying eggs every couple days or so. Were your "eggs" tarnished green or did you clean them up to make them shine like that?

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes unfortunately if you Google Golden Eggs you will find some that look identical

https://www.google.com/search?q=gol...%2F%2Fwww.leadsky.com.hk%2Feaster.htm;600;400

However , unless you feel your friend is playing with your mind , non of these I see
should have been where his were found.

Being there is a Fear over there of Trust, I Realize taking them to any authority
could be the same as walking the streets yelling for opinions on them.

I can only tell you what I personally would do .

I'd find a Way to Cut/break one in Half.

If it is somewhat easy to saw into it with a saw type knife, It is possible
they are a high grade gold. If the knife Just glides across it, It is either stone,
or Brass. once one is destroyed, It's contents can be more closely Viewed,
and fear of taking it to someone and asking what it is he "found on the edge of town"
and is curious what it is, would be / Should be, easier to do :icon_thumright:

add to that, if they get all excited seeing mangled egg bits,
and call an expert,
it's time to be very careful with the rest :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no they were shiny like that from the go. buried in a box. the reflection is....i dont even know how to describe it. so clear and vivid as good as a mirror but just bends everything....i can describe it actually. its awesome. lol

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no they were shiny like that from the go. buried in a box. the reflection is....i dont even know how to describe it. so clear and vivid as good as a mirror but just bends everything....i can describe it actually. its awesome. lol

Yes I can tell in the first pics & how hard they were to photograph properly.

They do look like Highly polished Gold.
But maybe too Much so :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread