found what looks like alot of golden eggs

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone,

im new here, i was recently in morocco hanging out with a very close family friend who found on his property a bunch of these things that look like gold eggs. i am told they are not gold, but they are very old and worth a lot of money. whether or not this is true i have no idea and hope one of you can shed some light on it. they have a word for what they are but i don't know how to spell it. it sounds like this "YAH-HOOOTS"... i will attach a few photos. like i said i don't have to many specifics on them, as far as weight they felt like they weigh a little more than an average mouse. want to get the tested but in morocco it is very hard. if it is found to be worth money everyone will want. here are some photos...please either respond here or email me at [email protected]

thanks

20000110_083026.jpg 20000110_083030.jpg 20000110_083106.jpg 20000110_083122.jpg 20000110_083337.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Archeodeb

Nov 3, 2012
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the b.s part was what one old old old old old man told us about these being from ancient time, and something to do with salt water and fresh water meeting and this being the result.

Something about that makes me think of electroplating. If these really were this shiny after being hidden under a dirt and concrete floor, I can't think of anything but gold that would do that. However, the apparent weight (of a computer mouse) makes me wonder if only the surface is gold and there is something lighter beneath.

...almost 50 and they way they were hidden under concrete dirt and more. someone hide them clearly never could get back to them a house was build above it and they were lost.

Just out of curiosity, what prompted the dig under the kitchen? Boredom or a tip that something might be there?

Random thought... many cultures celebrate the "World Egg". Very ancient stuff, so who knows. If these are legit, they could be thousands of years old.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like i said they are very superstitious and pretty much anyone that own a good amount of land has heard a story passed down by their grandpa who heard it from their grandpa and so on and so on about different treasures all over the land....he was also told their was something buried on the land. but was told it was far out, not under his house. he remodeled a few areas of his house and found it then....to give you an idea of how they are over there, a family member of mine had a dream there was buried treasure under a tree on our farm, the ripped the tree out and found almost 200,000 dollars of gold. this was 10 years ago.

Upvote 0

Archeodeb

Nov 3, 2012
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weight is wrong for gold. It could be gold plated, but for the size, if those were solid gold they would be HEAVY.

Exactly what I was thinking -- for that size, in gold, they would probably weigh a good pound. That is why I wondered about electroplating. But over what? Almost anything solid except plastic or foam would weigh more than a computer mouse.

neeks,
Were there other things in the box or around the excavation? Also, how old is the house these were under and was there another building in this spot before this one? Knowing these things could give us some clues about age (and whether plastic is a possibility underneath :dontknow:).

Upvote 0

Archeodeb

Nov 3, 2012
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a thought... maybe they are gold-plated real eggs. Do they all look exactly the same or is there some variation?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEW NEWS!!!!

very excited about this new information.
Archeodeb thank you for asking about the box. if you didnt ask me about that i wouldnt have thought to ask my father and wouldnt have known what i know now!!

all are identical. nothing was in the spot of the farm house prior to that house being built there...it wasn't a box sorry. i was misinformed. when i saw it it was being held in a box. i just spoke to my father who was there when they actually unearthed it and he said, they were in a red clay type pot. when i asked him to decribe it he said here we have something that resembles it...he showed me a pot we have on our porch. i just took this pic with my cell phone. he said it looks very close to this but red clay chipped up obviously from being underground for so long. and he said the top was sealed off with something like plaster.

once again this picture im posting isnt an exact replica. its just something my father says comes very close to what it was in. looks like this but red, and sealed off with a plaster type substance. im guessing it was a little bigger too to be able to fit almost 50 of them inside.

20130626_225416.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after hearing this i thought Egyptian right away knowing the different clay type decor they had. but morocco uses clay alot. from 100s of years ago till now still one of the most popular ways to prepare food, they use something called a "tagine"...which most are made of red clay. this is a picture of a tagine.

tagine.jpg

Upvote 0

Archeodeb

Nov 3, 2012
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEW NEWS!!!!

very excited about this new information.
Archeodeb thank you for asking about the box. if you didnt ask me about that i wouldnt have thought to ask my father and wouldnt have known what i know now!!

all are identical. nothing was in the spot of the farm house prior to that house being built there...it wasn't a box sorry. i was misinformed. when i saw it it was being held in a box. i just spoke to my father who was there when they actually unearthed it and he said, they were in a red clay type pot. when i asked him to decribe it he said here we have something that resembles it...he showed me a pot we have on our porch. i just took this pic with my cell phone. he said it looks very close to this but red clay chipped up obviously from being underground for so long. and he said the top was sealed off with something like plaster.

once again this picture im posting isnt an exact replica. its just something my father says comes very close to what it was in. looks like this but red, and sealed off with a plaster type substance. im guessing it was a little bigger too to be able to fit almost 50 of them inside.

View attachment 820017

neeks,
Any chance your friends could get a photo of the clay pot the eggs were in? I would also like to see a shot of the hole and surrounding area if possible. How far down was the pot in the hole and what did the soil look like around it? (By that I mean, color and texture of the soil, whether there were distinct bands or layers of different colors of soil and so forth.) Also what sort of shape (besides the chips) was the pot in? Was it glazed? If so, what color, pattern, etc. Handle or decorative parts at all? Anything else you can remember about this would be very helpful. Last question, was there anything around the eggs like straw, fiber or sand INSIDE the pot? Sorry for so many questions, but you would be surprised at what even the most seemingly trivial bit of information can reveal to someone who knows what to look for. Thanks!

Upvote 0

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
First off I don't want to insult ANYONE here because these comments are only mine and based on my observations . It seems that the more I try to learn about "golden eggs" the more I get away from what we are trying to do in this post . As we ask honest questions we get answers that seem like the questions are being avoided . Questions like how big are they ? And asking and actual pic's of the vessel they were found in ? Are answered with " I'm not there now and they are with my friend " and " Here's what looks like what they were found in , but it's not what they were found in ". If they were Ancient Egyptian they would have some kind of symbols on the eggs or pot they were in .
And from what I've read and seen these are " polished recently " and not in " as found " condition and if they are then they were stored in a vacuum closed airtight container to be this pristine and might still require a good buffing or cleaning .
So as far as I'm concerned I'm closing the book on this post due to simple " lack " of evidence claimed or full and complete answers to our questions . Without having complete disclosures for our questions we will never be able to find the answers .... IMHO , Woodstock

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

neeks2569

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cannot show what i do not have. i only have the pics my father took with his cell phone. this is located on a farm in the middle of no where. they dont have internet so i cant even have him take pics and email me them. i am really not trying to avoid your questions. i have a few more pics of the eggs, but the ones i posted are the best ones...i can only get the proper measurements and more pics when i return....very sorry if it seems like im purposely avoiding your questions, i really am not....furthermore i never thought this would get this big, i figured someone out there would have known what they were right away. did not realize it would be so highly discussed. but once again sorry if you feel that way. and thanks everyone who did try and help. it was GREATLY appreciated. esp some of you who emailed me and are still discussing them with me.

Upvote 0

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't they make fake eggs to put in a nest to help the hens lay more eggs
Eggs were also made of glass and clay
Just a thought
Brady

Upvote 0

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what they are, can help with the research and post what I find. If each one is no heavier than a computer mouse then they must be very lightweight.

Upvote 0

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a story from Treasure Net last year posted by xmarksthebottlecap,
Link: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/41134.html
Some back story:
So I am good friends with this guy whose grandfather was well known to be the largest gold merchant in all of Morocco. Story has it that upon hearing of the impending French invasion of Morocco (early 1900's), his grandfather went out into his estate and buried his entire store of gold. Now fast forwarding a few decades, this man was on his death bed. None of his children or relatives had it in their hearts to ask where he hid the fortune. The location of the cache died with him. Nowadays his estate is still inhabited by his family. These people come from rural backgrounds and have never even heard of a medal detector. I have permission from my friend to search the grounds of his property. The total size of the property is over 100 hectares, but the supposed location is set to be estimated at about one square hectare. I have no idea how deep it could be buried, but I'm guessing it would be somewhat deep give the fact I am told slaves were used to lower the chests. The ground is normal agricultural land, I have no idea about the mineral levels. I have never used a metal detector and have no idea where to start. My question is what metal detector would be best suited for this task? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is easy, the pot/jug will date the eggs, a picture of the pot will finish the discussion on age? Once we have the context/age we can start the real search.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread