Found white gold..............well sorta....( 4 pics )

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
..........I came home from work yesterday and my son Randy was soooo excited because he was at a par 3 golf course close to our home today on a school outing.

Since it hasn't rained here for months, he noticed the city had a bulldozer in the creeks cleaning out the mud, etc. Randy noticed golf balls lying everywhere in the mud piles & creek bottom. He wanted to get out there & pick up all the ones we could.

So....off we went.

Here's what the site looked like before we started:

IM003420.jpg

The mud was pushed to the left clearing out the creek bottom. The golfers must hit from left to right to the green, thus plenty of balls are lost. We put on our mud boots & rubber gloves & took a large plastic tub with us. We literally picked up golf balls by the handful & throwing them into the tub. It was like a Easter Egg hunt! Golf balls everywhere! We are watching & hoping they will clear out the rest of the pond you see in the pic. After 2 hours, here's what we had:

IM003421.jpg

Yuk! We had to quit & get ready to attend our church for Wednesday evening. I went back there today & this time I took my small digger to pry out those balls stuck into the mud. I found 45 more in about 30 minutes before having to quit.

Here's our feet yesterday:

IM003423.jpg

Finally, here's the cleaned up version of all the balls.......all 573 of them:

IM003424.jpg

We took potato scratchers there & spread the dirt around a little & although
I don't have them pictured yet, we found another 150+ balls this evening that aren't cleaned up yet! I don't have much time to play anymore, however, my son loves to play. I've never bought a golf ball in my life & it looks like I'm not going to anytime soon.

It's not detecting, however, I'm ready for that too, after the ground loosens up with some needed rain!

Thanks for looking.........see ya mark

[attachment deleted by admin]

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are 'on the ball', ::).
He should have several years supply.

Fossis............

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Bet you got some good ones in there Mark. If nothing else your son can hit range balls all day long and never run out! :o

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Looks like he will have a lot of fun for hours. You have sure dug a lot of balls the last couple of days. I'm glad you found the golf balls I hit. I knew they were there. :D ;D ;) and thanks for cleaning them up for me too. :D ;D :D. Spending a day with you kids is priceless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions