What's new

Found ww2 practice range

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I metal detected in a field that I think is a ww2 firing range I found a bunch of old brass 50 cal cartridges some weren't even in the ground
 
Nice always awesome to find a new spot who knows what could be out there, u should look in the most not obvious spots
 
There should be date coded headstamps on the empty brass as well as the code for the ammunition plant that made it. Got any pics ? One place I used to detect at the site of an old town was a training ground for National Guard troops. Lots of empty brass laying around but it was fired blanks and it was modern stuff. Knowing the age of the brass you're finding will determine whether or not it's worth detecting further.
 
There should be date coded headstamps on the empty brass as well as the code for the ammunition plant that made it. Got any pics ? One place I used to detect at the site of an old town was a training ground for National Guard troops. Lots of empty brass laying around but it was fired blanks and it was modern stuff. Knowing the age of the brass you're finding will determine whether or not it's worth detecting further.

The only number I remember is 45 idk If that means something i don't thinks its the date though
 
Here's a link for an almost got have book. Excellent info for research!.

World War II Sites in the United States - Riebel-Roque Publishing Company

Don't forget! Even new brass has big scrap metal value. Google Army Air Corps training and Abandoned airstrips. You'll find a lot of leads & there are a lot of collectors willing to pay good money. Especially collectors in England.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom