What's new

FOUNDATION-WELL-STUFF-1891 INDIAN

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
7,211
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
....Weather nice here in my part of Illinois. Bit
of fog and drizzle this morning, but overall
nice.

Worked a new area today; out of the way; lot
of history close to this location; good place to
get lost.

First thing I ran into was a foundation. Left
side of photo.


Bit further back, an old well? About 12-13
feet down; if I'm by myself I keep out.


Continued exploring, here and there.
Finally got a mess of signals and decided its
time to open my office and play in the dirt.


Not much for the finds. Few odds and ends.


Decided to end the day. Got out of the thick
bush and decided to detect on the side of a
small hill for a bit. This hill was between where I was
and where I know something else was, at one time.
Rather not say more now.


After about 45 min, bunch of foil and spent 22 shells,
I came up with the Indian.


Cleaned it up just a bit to try and make out the
date, think its 1891


Over all a real good day for me. Got out, dug in the
dirt for a bit, found an Indian. I don’t do much with
coin shooting, so for me it was an excellent find.

all have a good un..............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS
 
Upvote 0
Cleaned it up just a bit last night, that
is how it will stay.

all have a good un...............
 

Attachments

  • ih3 (Small).webp
    ih3 (Small).webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 271
Sher:

Is that well where someone can fall
into that is not aware that it is there?

That is one thing I am afraid of when I
go out in the woods... where someone had a
place is a old well.

I live in Ill and been out ...have to hurry before
it gets much colder.

Many old woods here are being plowed down and
build on...will not let me MD on because afraid
I will find something like indian bones I also dig ,since this is
common and the builders will have to stop building
until all is removed.

Many a builder here after a few drinks talk about covering
the bones and such so they do not have to lose any
or money.

So they just bury it and go on building got ran off the other
day of a beautiful place that a lot of Indian stuff was found
before it was sold. Builder did not want me there.

cwe
 
Neat pictures, nice indian
 
CWE,

yes, that well was wide open.

I have heard the same thing. If a
builder finds something he must report it
and have it checked out. I'm not a builder, but
sure that they do not want to shut down and
wait for someone to come out and inspect the
find.

Were about in Illinois are you?

Thanks for the comment.

have a good un...........
 
Congratulations on that IH penny. Great photos, your spots are really interesting and give me good insight into the preview of what I hope to see in these mountains now that the foilage has mostly died in many places.

Great find. I cannot wait for this rain to stop here. The mountains and a few private yards are hollering LoL. Plus as you mentioned a good trip to the peaceful quiet woods sounds really good right about now.

Keep up them great finds, Love reading the posts and seeing the finds,

Postalrevnant
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom