What's new

Four Eagles in the same hole kinda day!

Jacobsdt

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
805
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out at sunrise this morning and the weather was perfect. I hit the same patch of woods that 3 US box plates and 1 eagle plate came out of hoping to find another. Instead I find these four buttons. Not bad for my Fathers Day hunt.

ATT00002 (002).webp Love it out here.

20160619_081501.webp 20160619_081520.webp A root grew right through the shank in the back. I am going to keep it there.

ATT00002.webp ATT00002 (005).webp ATT00002 (004).webp They cleaned up nice, the one button is very large, I haven't found one that big before.



Thanks for looking and HH.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 40
Great hunt!! That button will look awesome displayed with the root. Nice job. congrats [emoji106]

HH RN
 
Awesome job on the buttons and injun
 
Bodacious bunch of buttons & IH finds and "congrats" to you - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with all of us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
I'm always impressed at the old Military stuff people find . Seems like buttons on Military jackets just fell like rain Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Those are really nice looking!
Congrats!
 
Very nice buttons. What is your preferred cleaning method? I have a large NY CW button I would like to clean up.
 
Very nice buttons. What is your preferred cleaning method? I have a large NY CW button I would like to clean up.

I use Ammonia, I have only been doing this for 2 years now and that is what the old timers have told me to use and it works really well. I have about 5 of the New York buttons now and it worked nicely on them.
 
Thanks. Assume you apply it with a toothbrush. I've used it too, but can't get mine to clean up as nice as yours. Maybe I'm being to "gentle" with them, afraid they will disintegrate while I'm cleaning them up lol.
 
Congratulations those are in great condition.
 
Great looking buttons, congrats on a fine hunt
 
Nice looking military buttons. Those always display nicely.
 
Rest of the uniform might be there too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom