What's new

Four Rings in Fifteen Minutes!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to one of my local elementary schools that I detect at least twice a year. This time, I slowed down and focused my attention on a small lawn area near the basketball court. In about fifteen minutes, the ATPro "snitched" on four rings that were hiding from us under the sod. Two are the omnipresent "mood" rings, one is a really pretty unmarked, plated(?) ring with dark blue stones (sapphires?)

The score of the group was a lovely "black hills gold" style ring marked, "Ster. 12K," and "C Co. Copyright." The applied leaves on this ring are the two tone yellow and rose gold.

I also found a plain, but sturdy cross pendant to round out the evening. I've been in a silver-gold drought lately so this hunt certainly perked me up! Thanks for looking, happy hunting to all!

Sub 8-)
 

Attachments

  • blackhills1.webp
    blackhills1.webp
    49 KB · Views: 259
  • blackhills2.webp
    blackhills2.webp
    53 KB · Views: 247
  • blackhills3.webp
    blackhills3.webp
    112 KB · Views: 248
  • blackhills4.webp
    blackhills4.webp
    102.3 KB · Views: 255
  • blackhills5.webp
    blackhills5.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 262
  • blackhills6.webp
    blackhills6.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 256
  • blackhills7.webp
    blackhills7.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 250
  • blackhills8.webp
    blackhills8.webp
    156.1 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 51
Pretty good wage,4 rings a hour:thumbsup: nice finds:occasion14:
 
4 rings every 15 mins = 16 rings an hour...
8 hours a day MDing = 128 rings a day...
128 rings a day times 5 day workweek = 640 rings...

640 rings with an average of 3 grams of gold = 1920 grams of gold...
1920 grams of gold = roughly 61 troy ounces of gold.

61 troy ounces of gold with and average karat of 12 (mix of 10 and 14)...

Would equal roughly... a weekly paycheck of $35,633.15

Times 50 weeks out of the year with OPTIONAL 2 week vacation = $1,781,657... and give or take 50 cents.

SO... at that rate you will be a millionaire by next year...

So get digging :P

P.S.> Great dig btw.
 
Last edited:
4 rings every 15 mins = 16 rings an hour...
8 hours a day MDing = 128 rings a day...
128 rings a day times 5 day workweek = 640 rings...

640 rings with an average of 3 grams of gold = 1920 grams of gold...
1920 grams of gold = roughly 61 troy ounces of gold.

61 troy ounces of gold with and average karat of 12 (mix of 10 and 14)...

Would equal roughly... a weekly paycheck of $35,633.15

Times 50 weeks out of the year with OPTIONAL 2 week vacation = $1,781,657... and give or take 50 cents.

SO... at that rate you will be a millionaire by next year...

So get digging :P

P.S.> Great dig btw.

I'm starting this plan first thing in the morning. I'll be rich in no time flat.

Why didn't I think of this before??
 
Actually most think that when they plan on buying a detector...

Then reality soon sets in...

Like the first day out. heh
 
4 rings every 15 mins = 16 rings an hour...
8 hours a day MDing = 128 rings a day...
128 rings a day times 5 day workweek = 640 rings...

640 rings with an average of 3 grams of gold = 1920 grams of gold...
1920 grams of gold = roughly 61 troy ounces of gold.

61 troy ounces of gold with and average karat of 12 (mix of 10 and 14)...

Would equal roughly... a weekly paycheck of $35,633.15

Times 50 weeks out of the year with OPTIONAL 2 week vacation = $1,781,657... and give or take 50 cents.

SO... at that rate you will be a millionaire by next year...

So get digging :P



If only I: (was young enough to have that kind of energy) and (had places that would produce 100% of the time!) I cracked up at your math...Sub :laughing7:
 
I must have missed this post..4 rings in a hunt is stellar! Almost makes me think of firing up the ctx...
 

I've never been able to stand all the pull-tabs and trash in the parks... I just might have to give them a second thought now! :laughing7:

Congrats on all the gold my friend,
Dave
 
fantastic finds. congrats!
 
That's a whole lot of rings in 15 minutes. My mathematical calculations indicate that you were hunting at 16 RPH. That's a pretty good pace. Nice hunt. :thumbsup:
 
Wonderful finds. And I appreciate the confirmation with something that I felt unsure of. I found a semi squashed C co. stamped Black Hills early this spring. I feel more assured about it now. :thumbsup:
 
Wonderful finds. And I appreciate the confirmation with something that I felt unsure of. I found a semi squashed C co. stamped Black Hills early this spring. I feel more assured about it now. :thumbsup:

Thank you, NWMP, I researched C Co. jewelry and most of it is real black hills gold style. Experts can confirm for both of us. Sub 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom