What's new

Fox(y) news

gunsil

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
3,881
Reaction score
6,210
Golden Thread
0
Location
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN3438.webpDSCN3396.webpDSCN3448.webp

Last winter I posted a photo of a fox I had been putting food out for. Well, two foxes began coming around, and now momma fox comes around with four young ones. Mom is the one with the black fur on her back in the photos, the young ones have light fuzzy fur and are just beginning to get black trim on their tails. Sadly my cheap little camera doesn't take the best pics and I have to shoot through my closed bathroom window or they spook and run. The food is about 30' from the house and the window is about 10' from the ground. I couldn't get all four pups in the photos this time but I do get to see all of them at once and it is great to watch the young ones play with each other. The food here is fettuccini with white clam sauce with a couple eggs and some bacon bits stirred in. I do spoil them sometimes. I usually put out some eggs or pork or chicken scraps from the market.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3373.webp
    DSCN3373.webp
    110.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN3411.webp
    DSCN3411.webp
    138.1 KB · Views: 73
Nice photos, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:
 
That is a sight that 99.99999%(not many:laughing7:) of humanity will never see.Nature amazes me...ALL a testimony of the CREATOR.

Nice photos man.:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks Chris, I posted the pics because I know few folks ever get to see a mother fox with it's young up so close. Nature is amazing as you always say, and a big part of my life since I was a young child. I was born in NYC but thankfully my parents decided it wasn't the greatest place to raise a child and moved to a wooded more rural area when I was three where the woods and meadows were my playgrounds and nature's creatures were my friends.
 
The mine I worked at long ago had fox coming around looking for handouts and trash cans to raid. Sometimes there'd be as many as 4 just standing there by the parking lot waiting for some miner to open up his lunch box and toss them a treat. Didn't carry a camera with me back then, as that was in the later 1970s. Those fox will warm up to you like a good dog if they think your good on some treats when they come around. This one mine I used to call on had a fox that would come and greet you before you got out of your truck when you pulled up. I never had anything to give it and it never stopped greeting me every time I pulled in there. I often wonder what happened to that fox after the mine shut down?
 
I think it's great you're putting out food for them! I don't hurt critters, there's too many who do.....

And someday man will be left alone on this planet.

Won't be because of me!!!
 
Great pics! The one kind of looks like momma has her eye on you. That's got to be such an exciting rush seeing those out of your window!
 
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom