Frame ##59

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
These are called by several different names, it’s not my intention to tackle that...some are shell, limerock, hard stone, etc. ..bott. Center is a duckbill type..
2614E41C-F665-4EDF-B6E9-60B56981D0D4.jpeg 61EC701A-6261-413E-A71D-20120C3F90FF.jpeg D430A364-EAA6-4B77-A20B-69BDC2EF9DF3.jpeg F4FB26FC-0901-414F-AF85-3A56716311E7.jpeg 554DE010-5EAC-4474-86D3-216F46BCBD3C.jpeg

Upvote 0

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet plummets! I've never heard a good explanation on their use. Ditto for gorgets & bannerstones. Yours are really nice with a good variety of styles and materials.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Plummets I think, what other names have you heard called? I won’t argue with you.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
MINE!!! LOLOL Super Plummets, Hal!! The deposits/patina on a few of those are incredible!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great frame, HP! I am also curious about the names and use of the items! Thanks for sharing.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are gorgeous. Am I reading frame #59? Wow!

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive seen them found here 30-50? miles from water. Not that matters but I haven’t found anything on the high plains that relates to net fishing.
“Brain” your enemy with a rock on a rope.?.
My sister picked up the nicest one I have been around. It’s in the pile, I haven’t gone upstairs to dig for awhile.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ive seen them found here 30-50? miles from water. Not that matters but I haven’t found anything on the high plains that relates to net fishing.
“Brain” your enemy with a rock on a rope.?.
My sister picked up the nicest one I have been around. It’s in the pile, I haven’t gone upstairs to dig for awhile.
Put down the beer, turn off the TV & go upstairs and find that plummet!

kentucky Quinn

Jul 27, 2013
Eastern KY
Net weights makes little sense. Why go to all the trouble to grind & polish them & then toss them in the water?

This is a great question. I know I’m new to all of this, but a polished weight doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. While I have no better explanation for use/purpose, this example, as many others, allow us to do much speculation and what not in trying to determine what purpose/purposes these served. I know for me, since finding my first ancient tool, I have spent countless hours thinking about / researching and discussions in trying to determine knowledge of these items we find from the long ago. Hunting / finding the artifacts is where it’s at, of course. But pondering all the what if’s and what not’s about them definitely comes in a close second. “What happened to the person? Did they hear something, get eaten? Move on to new fishing / hunting spot? Forget where they set it down? What did this place look like 6000 years ago. Weather? What kind of stuff did they eat? All the thoughts and questions, the mysteries are a huge part of my fascination. At least that’s how I roll. My family thinks I have issues with this addiction. While I can only speculate about these things, it’s definitely part of the fascination for me...all the mysteries of how what when where why and who are huge part of the addiction. Yes, still drinking coffee sitting amongst my last years worth of collection pondering before I get cranked up for the day. Sorry to ramble ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1614699995.976153.jpg

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Put down the beer, turn off the TV & go upstairs and find that plummet!

Hahaa I think funny. I like two beers in the morning while sitting in feed tractor to warm hands and time hydro- fluid. Up stairs is in my house in town and shut of tv, that’s why look at www

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions