What's new

Franklin family reunion...

Fredness

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Pix to follow...
$300 in halves from a road trip, but the two attractive female tellers won't let me have them unless I take the 2 Ikes and 13 - $2 bills. One says that there are no loose halves, besides, she pulls all the "coins from the 60's" - ouch, twist my arm....
So, one hour and a speeding ticket later >:( , I get home.

1 - '68 early in the rolls and then I get over $200 in before I find anything else.
Open one new looking roll and dump the coins in my hand - ah... the unmistakable sound of 19 silver and 1 clad...
The last coin (on top) was a 1999 clad and all the rest of the rims were bright...
The bottom coin is a BU 1955! Then each coin is in chronological order, by mint all the way up to a BU 1963.
So, I look in the remaining rolls for one similar - it HAS to be a full run, right?
Bingo! Found it! Solid Franklins!
48, 48D, all the way through 54, 54D and 54S!
That makes almost a complete Franklin set - only a couple missing - Wow! :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
huh you got them from a "cherry picking teller"?

nice... waits for pics
 
Yeah, the vault manager was a cherry picker, but only from open rolls or loose - kept all the others in the vault - :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • 1010091617.webp
    1010091617.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 1010091625.webp
    1010091625.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 413
  • 1010091853.webp
    1010091853.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 409
Note the bigger smile on the solid roll of Franklins... :laughing7:
 
Nice finds!
Makes you wonder whose stash got stolen. :notworthy:
 
See I was right, everybody has got a '55 but ME. Thas the only one I haven't found for my set.
My friend told ME that the '55 really didn't circulate cause people knew they were gonna be special and hoarded them. WTF? I told him that the '70 didn't circulate at all and I've found 9 of them. Gonna say this one more time, its my turn next.
BTW congrats, HH Mark
 
Hey Fredness,

That's a great score. Almost makes up for the speeding ticket.

I don't have a '55 either Mr. Stripe. In fact, we've only got 1 Walker (a '44), and 1 Franklin (a '63).

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
That is a truly awesome find. Stories like these keep me going. You just never know what's coming around the corner.

OWS
 
:icon_thumright: - that is a great find. I am still without the 55...

Maine_Jim
 
OK so I'm not the only one without a '55- it just feels like it LOL. HH all, Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom