Fred Hurt leaves Gold Rush

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred Hurt leaves 'Gold Rush'

From his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DakotaFred

Why we are not on "Gold Rush" this fall........this may be news to many.....
.I am not rich.....I am a working class guy like most of you. After spending more for four years straight than I made, there was no way for me to continue.
But the main reason is simple......and I quote...."If you want a Miner, call me.......if you want an Actor, pay me like one."
Dustin and I were "hard to work with". Interpretation ?......we did not go along with every cocamainy idea the film people dreamed up......
Corporate beancounters also wanted to consolidate their operation after a disastrous South American season. They also layed out mega millions to buy the company filming Gold Rush.
Sssssooo......as we were the 'Red Headed Stepchild', we were on our own.......
Hand me lemons.....I'll make lemonade.....
Freddie

---------
When someone asked about participants getting $22,000 per episode, Fred said maybe others.

5 members of my crew got $0 , only their share of gold produced. We were not compensated for any of our operating expenses as the Others were. My compensation per episode was a joke....less than a third of the Others. Bottom line.....I'm entertaining millions of people using my own resources ......and Discovery is pocketing all the profit....

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many times the wisdom and experience of the ages is lost. Without that foundation men are condemned to making the same old mistakes AND working others ancient tailings piles that have been leveled-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread