Fred Schillinger, great coinshooting buddy.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Fred passed away on November 28, 2008 after a prolonged battle with cancer. Family man, ex-Marine, Fred was one of the nicest people I ever knew and a great treasure hunting pal. Although I wasn't his primary partner, I was on many a coin and cache hunt with Fred. Affectionately known as "Fairmount Freddy" by his closest coinshooting buddies, Fred enjoyed different types on treasure hunting. One of his greatest enjoyments was scuba diving in the waters off St. John. Mayby his greatest treasure hunting achievement was finding tons of coins in the old Willow Grove Amusement Park after it closed, with permission of the owners, of course. Crawling under the ramps and walkways to the amusements, he raked out and screened the dirt, recovering many coins, etc. Maybe his best find from Willow Grove Park that he told us about was a '42 over 1 Mercury dime. Fred was a member of the old Philadelphia Area Treasure Hunting Club, where he had many friends. After the club folded, he kept on hunting with one or two fellow hunters on weekends and by himself during the week. He overcame knee replacement surgery and could hike and climb with the best of them up until his final sickness.

Bet the coinshooting is great up in the happy hunting ground in the sky, Freddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions