FREE COIN COUNTING AT COINSTAR!

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
I was searching the web and ended up at the COINSTAR web site. I saw it listed "free coin counting when you use eCERTIFICATES or PREPAID CARDS." So I looked a little closer. So here's the deal, you can turn you CRH rejects into a PrePaid Master Card for FREE! Now the bad news. There are no COINSTAR locations IN MY area participating in this program yet. However, I can get eCertificates, but I don't buy much from Pier 1, Starbucks or Amazon.com. So, although it won't benefit me, I thought it may help some of you save the 7 or so percent. There are 4 COINSTAR machines in my area, just not yet up to speed with the PrePaid cards yet.

I guess they will make their money on the "service" fee from the retailer when you make purchases with card.

HOPE IT GETS HERE SOON!!

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
nc-joe, I went to those check cashing places and asked about prepaid credit cards and they wouldn't give me one unless I gave them my social security number. I walked out of their with my cash and no credit card.

Also, go to Amazons website and do a search on something you are interested in. People sell things on Amazon like they do on ebay except its not an auction. My wife and I have bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of stuff with ecertificates from CRH coins and coins from metal detecting. We've been buying older VHS movies for $0.01 or $0.05. I just bought a large gold pan, shoes, shirts, etc.

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
"Buy or reload at a Coinstar Center using coins or cash—your choice! It's only $9.95 for a new card and $4.95 to reload. "
I think this is how they make money... :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread