What's new

Free websites for private property ownership

  • Thread starter Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date Start date
M

michigan michael

Guest
Hi All!

Does anyone out there know of a free website to locate property owners? I have talked with neighbors of a location I want to hunt this spring but, in this day and age people kind of stay to their self. I remember when everyone in the neighborhood knew everybody. That just does not seem the case anymore. What has some of your research tactics been? Please throw any and all ideas my way. Thanks everyone!

MM
 
In Montana we have one... and it's awesome! It shows the properties owner and tax payer and a ton of other data. It's all the public legal data about every property to include state, county, tomship, private, federal... whatever. It also gives addresses of those folks... how cool is that!?

I can study maps, Ariel views, find owners and call or mail them from 600 miles away and never leave my chair!

It's called the Montana Cadastral Mapping program.

I'm not sure Michigan though... Good luck!
 
You should be able to access it through your counties web site or the clerk of courts web site.

Earl
 
Go to your local county tax man's office and check there. Here we have the ability to view the property and the mailing address of the owner or responsible person/company.
 
Thanks for the link CWnut, I switched out Michigan for North Carolina and bam, it worked!!! This is a great tool!! Thanks!!!!
 
Our county has a map that show the area with the property owners names.....Matt
 
Thanks for everyone's help. I have spent hours going to all the free sites only to find they are not free. If you buy something in the store that is mismarked they are suppose to sell it at the price marked. State law. They need a free law on the internet as well. :thumbsup: I have not checked out the links yet but, plan on it as soon as I am done on TN

Thanks,
MM
 
Yes Be careful Going through Websites that Claim to
have Lists, Because They are selling these Lists.

Search each County Seperately Then go to the county site
for the Info.
 
Are you friends with any real estate agents? All the Multiple Listing Services have access to the tax records. Most states/towns around me have some if not all these records available online. Give your town/county clerk a call and ask if there is a website.

Good luck

NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom