What's new

Freeze! Police!!!

carpetbagger

Full Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
238
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
Not really but it looks cool. Found in an area that holds colonial era through modern relics. I have NO clue as to what it really represents. Any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    207.2 KB · Views: 226
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    184.8 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 22
I think it is a way cool find!
 
Cool badge, doing a google search didn't really get me anywhere.
 
Looks like a WW2 era manufacturing company employee badge. The pin and catch are consistent with that era. I would start local and check the historical society for the W.I. Company. Sub 8-)
 
Thanks for the comments and help so far.
 
HEY CARPET THATS A NICE OLE PENDANT BADGE . PUT THAT JEWEL ON A MANTLE PEICE FOR DISPLAY .
 
Whatever it is, its cool. Looks like she might clean up very nicely.
 
Very nice find, it would have to be a fairly big operation to have employee badges like this one. The "By Product" on the badge is interesting, was that for the goods that they produced or the employee? :)
 
Nice! Closest info I could find is just something possible...Witherbee Igniter Co. It dates back to late 1800's in Springfield MA. They made equipment for tractors back then. You'll hafta check further...hard for me on my phone.
 
That's an awesome find. :icon_thumleft: The start of a new collection.
 
Looks like a WW2 era manufacturing company employee badge. The pin and catch are consistent with that era. I would start local and check the historical society for the W.I. Company. Sub 8-)

I agree with Sub
 
Whatever if represents, its a great looking badge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom