What's new

French Colonial Marines and a surprise Royal Navy

Iron Patch

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
19,276
Reaction score
8,954
Golden Thread
3
Location
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out Again today with my friend, and no Rev War buttons, but we did get these 5 French Marines.... his three at the top, and my two on the bottom. He dug another button which we were unsure of until it was cleaned, and is Royal Navy - Packet Service. About 1800-1811, at least by the site I'm using for a reference, but his is different with the lined field so may date the same or slightly later. Very cool find and I did not even know these existed, and I've seen a lot of navy buttons over the past 15 years. So he stole the day, but I still have tomorrow! :thumbsup:


PS: A minute after posting this I get a text he dropped one of his buttons down the sink at the hotel and now has to call maintenance to try and get it back. Yes he is a newfie! :laughing7: (Newfoundland Canada, they ain't too bright) Lucky for him I have the Navy or he'd no doubt flush it down the toilet!


Update: He got the button back but the maintenance guy broke the sink! :laughing7: Now he's got no sink for the night and the wife ain't too happy. :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • 15of1cg.webp
    15of1cg.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 219
  • marinesfr.webp
    marinesfr.webp
    174.6 KB · Views: 176
  • ubutton.webp
    ubutton.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 168
  • mar1.webp
    mar1.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 153
  • mar2.webp
    mar2.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Upvote 40
Leaving in a few minutes to give it one last shot. I have his Navy button cleaned and ready to give back. :)
 

Attachments

  • buts1.webp
    buts1.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 82
  • buys2.webp
    buys2.webp
    28 KB · Views: 84
:laughing7: Nice secure display.
 
Your posts never fail to amaze . Nice buttons
 
Damn...I've got to get over there...
 
Leaving in a few minutes to give it one last shot. I have his Navy button cleaned and ready to give back. :)
Hahahaa u nut, was wondering what that box was doing there next to the detector. Is awesome, trip ended up with a lit of good finds, at the airport now with a pint chilling and dreaming of buttons.
Thx for showing me around, i will be back!
 
Great buttons. I love finding the military relics! Glad your friend could get his button back that would've been a heart breaker
 
Great buttons. I love finding the military relics! Glad your friend could get his button back that would've been a heart breaker


He had three so would not have been too bad. But still good to get it back.
 
Hahahaa u nut, was wondering what that box was doing there next to the detector. Is awesome, trip ended up with a lit of good finds, at the airport now with a pint chilling and dreaming of buttons.
Thx for showing me around, i will be back!


You're very welcome as it was a great time. It's crazy how well it worked out because I never would have seen all that coming after day 1. All added up, including your park stuff, you had a heck of a trip... and one that would be very hard to beat even with a full detecting week here in the Fall. Heck maybe even a month because a nice King's button goes a very long way for East coast finds.
 
Sweet! I'm hoping for one of those French Marine buttons down here in LA!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom