What's new

Fridays Acquisition.....

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday's Acquisition.....

I ordered 4 boxes from a bank about 25 minutes out of town to try something different. I have been to this bank before hunting halves from the vault. The four boxes had a different CWI# on it....maybe I am close to the border of a new distribution center.

While I was there a teller told me she also had another $250 in rolls if I wanted them and after questioning her they were hand rolled. I told her to hold them that I would be right back. I went to an ATM of my bank and got the cash and went right back. I checked the hand rolled first. The very first roll was sold silver.....yeah baby!!! My mind started racing. Well, it wasn't to be, but there was a total of 5 full rolls of silver out of the batch. The others held some silver also.

The 4 boxes contained about 20 or so. It was a fun afternoon.

I have 2 boxes to pick up tomorrow from another out of town bank about 20 minutes away in the opposite direction to test the waters there. In addition to those there are also 8 boxes from my regular pickup bank I have to pickup to catch up on but I am not looking forward to those due to my recent dilemma I spoke about last week. .

14-64's
11-65's
18-66's
56-67's
43-68's
15-69's
1-Franklin 63-D
1-Walker 45-S
1-1981-S Proof

160 Keepers
 

Attachments

  • P6240018.webp
    P6240018.webp
    68.6 KB · Views: 303
  • P6240020.webp
    P6240020.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

That is insane legeuene! The first day I did this I stopped in a local small town and they had 80.00 hand rolled and they had been there along time.....skunk but oh well:) I am planning on a solid roll of silver eventually, I had 4 in one roll on saturday. This site is great.
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

Nice haul. Is it just me or does the 8 in the date of that proof look larger than the rest of the date.
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

Too cool!!!
A hoard is discovered-
Working on the weekends!!
Super score!

Good job LJ!!! :D

PS: In case you didn't know it:

Congratulations on single handedly recovering over 1000 ounces of silver!!!!!!!
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

You are a mad woman LJ. But soon to be a very RICH mad woman. :D

Congrats.

HH.
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

lejeuene said:
The very first roll was sold silver.....yeah baby!!!
Congrats. Looks like you go from the lows to the highs. I know the feeling. I have gotton a $20 and a $10 roll all silver so far. Hey, tomorrow just might be the day. Just look at my pic by my name.
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

1000 oz. in 7 monthes- very nice, although I know your workin for it- 2 boxes here, 8 there... takes money to make money. I'm gonna try to order 2 boxes from the CU tomarrow since I got a dump bank now and don't have to worry about gettin my foldin money back. Good Day too congrats. HH Mark
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

Like the Energizer Bunny you just keep a truckin" CONGRATS HH Gayle
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

Thanks all.


soldierman said:
Is it just me or does the 8 in the date of that proof look larger than the rest of the date.

It must be the picture because the actual coin it looks normal.

TXTim said:
PS: In case you didn't know it:

Congratulations on single handedly recovering over 1000 ounces of silver!!!!!!!

Wow - Thanks for that info Tim.....I didn't realize this.

awhitster said:
lejeuene said:
The very first roll was sold silver.....yeah baby!!!
Looks like you go from the lows to the highs. I know the feeling.

Like Thurm says........Rollercoaster.
 
Re: Friday's Acquisition.....

You really do great, I'm lucky if I find 5 or 6 40%ers in a box.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom