Friendly Suggestions? The Legend

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Nokta Makro, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As we all know since the Legend came out there has been controversy. So I had an idea to propose. I currently own a Legend Version 1.07 with the stock coil. I'm open to suggestions for tests. You name the settings and i will video record with closeups and without editing. If you propose a test and I do not have the required items I will try my best to acquire them. So if you want to see gold rings, silver rings, various coins, nails etc let me know.

Also, I currently can't drive due to health issues so please be mindful that I can only do tests from home at the moment. Thank you.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Yes.

First set up the Legend in single frequency of 10 Khz.

Then with the Legend put it in 2 Tone with no disc. Take a piece of aluminum foil roll it into the size of a BB. Wave target for response. If it gives the lower tone then shift tone break below that to give higher clear tone on foil BB. If the foil BB gives mixed tones then shift the tone break as before so foil BB gives a clear higher tone. Now lower the tone volume of the lower tone to just so there's a clear audible difference to the higher volume higher tone.

If foil BB gives no response, just gradually make it bigger till it does.

With this setup run various low conductors (includinng thin linked bracelets) under coil to note responses. Then run tests in 4 Khz, then 15 Khz, and try multi frequency. Remember that the tone break is set with 10 Khz single frequency so leave it there as a reference.

A quick run in the nearest dirt would be cool as well.

Thanks...

OP
OP
Otis2010

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.

Then with the Legend put it in 2 Tone with no disc. Take a piece of aluminum foil roll it into the size of a BB. Wave target for response. If it gives the lower tone then shift tone break below that to give higher clear tone on foil BB. If the foil BB gives mixed tones then shift the tone break as before so foil BB gives a clear higher tone. Now lower the tone volume of the lower tone to just so there's a clear audible difference to the higher volume higher tone.

With this setup run various low conductors (includinng thin linked bracelets) under coil to note responses. Then run tests in 4 Khz, then 15 Khz, and try multi frequency. Remember that the tone break is set with 10 Khz single frequency so leave it there as a reference.

Thanks...
I’ll take a screenshot and do my best. I’ll get back with you with a video soon.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll take a screenshot and do my best. I’ll get back with you with a video soon.
That is a really generous offer Otis2010. Hopefully you will get some more requests.
I hate making videos but I just posted one in the Head to Head Metal Detector section
Small gold nugget testing...Deus 1/Deus 2/Equinox/Legend.

OP
OP
Otis2010

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.

Thanks...
That is a really generous offer Otis2010. Hopefully you will get some more requests.
I hate making videos but I just posted one in the Head to Head Metal Detector section
Small gold nugget testing...Deus 1/Deus 2/Equinox/Legend.
Thank you. That’s cool. Got a link? I’d like to check it out

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Thank you. That’s cool. Got a link? I’d like to check it out

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

I hope I got this right and this is what you wanted to see.
Good enough, but I had to laugh because you were treating the foil like a nail when I desire to dig small foil signals.

I'm surprised you have to make the foil that big for a signal. You don't have the SP24 coil?

Thanks for taking the time for the demo/test as per requested.

OP
OP
Otis2010

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good enough, but I had to laugh because you were treating the foil like a nail when I desire to dig small foil signals.

I'm surprised you have to make the foil that big for a signal. You don't have the SP24 coil?

Thanks for taking the time for the demo/test as per requested.
I didn’t know if the different planes would make a difference so I tried it out. I only have the stock coil for the legend. The 6” coil is on my to buy list though. I do have the smaller coil for the simplex though.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

I didn’t know if the different planes would make a difference so I tried it out. I only have the stock coil for the legend. The 6” coil is on my to buy list though. I do have the smaller coil for the simplex though.
If you want to repeat with BB sized foil with the smaller coil for the Simplex, and treat it as a desired target? Then please go ahead.

Also my mistake the SP24 coil is for the Simplex.

Why did you take vid down?

Last edited:

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

OP
OP
Otis2010

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to repeat with BB sized foil with the smaller coil for the Simplex, and treat it as a desired target? Then please go ahead.

Also my mistake the SP24 coil is for the Simplex.

Why did you take vid down?
I’ll get some different things to test like bottles caps, foil, nails etc. Typically everything you’d find in a park situation.

I took it down so I can redo the video. That was my first video and I felt it wasn’t that great. I rushed to get done because my heart was giving me problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread