What's new

Friends Find.......

  • Thread starter Thread starter LJ
  • Start date Start date

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend's Find.......

I got a friend of mine started in this CRH'ing hobby recently and yesterday afternoon I recieved a call from this person all excited and had to tell me what they found in a Fed roll. An 1858-O Seated Liberty half....an incredible find!!!! It just amazes me that a 150 year old coin was still in the wild.

They said the coin was pretty worn.....the shield on the obverse was completely gone. This person found a very nice variety yesterday. In addition to this Seated Liberty, also found was some 40%, 90% Kennedy's, a Franklin & a Walker. The only one missing was the Barber to complete the cycle....I consider that the cycle anyway......lol.

In addition to those mentioned, two complete hand rolls of NIFC were picked up. That sounded like a possible collection was was turned in when I was told that, but no big count of silver was in the other rolls from that bank. Maybe the person who turned them in didn't want to tie up anymore money in NIFC coins????

Hooked????? I should say so.....lol. Maybe I should go assist in getting that hook out of the lip....ha!! I just thought I would share this find with you guys and gals. This person isn't a member of TN.......yet......ha!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Friend's Find.......

Hi LJ, while your over there pulling the hook out, see ifn you can get a pic. Tell her congrats from us envious sots. HH Mark
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

and to think...
That could have been a box you may have picked up.
Oh well!
Tell them Congrats on the great find.
I still haven't found a Barber yet.
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

ME_CO said:
Hi LJ, while your over there pulling the hook out, see ifn you can get a pic. Tell her congrats from us envious sots. HH Mark

Yes, I will get a picture soon and post it.

TXTim said:
and to think...
That could have been a box you may have picked up.
Oh well!
Tell them Congrats on the great find.
I still haven't found a Barber yet.

Very true Tim and I thought about that....lol, but as you know, I don't mind sharing at all. It brought a little joy to someone who otherwise may not have had that moment.

Keep plugging.....that barber will pop up one day. Fingers crossed for ya!!!
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

I finally met up with my friend today & took a picture of the Seated Liberty. Here it is.......
 

Attachments

  • P1170007.webp
    P1170007.webp
    40 KB · Views: 308
  • P1170008.webp
    P1170008.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 311
Re: Friend's Find.......

Very pretty coin... a find of a lifetime.
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Amazing! And how appropriate that it's an O mintmark (New Orleans mint). Wonder if it ever left the city in 150 years.
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Very nice, thanks for the pic. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom