sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME NEW MEMBER ,IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU HAVE BUT THAT IS A NEAT LOOKING I WOULD SAY BUCKLE? CAN YOU PUT SOMETHING BESIDE IT FOR SIZING .

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a shoe buckle, looks more like an early 20th C Ladies Sash 'Type' Buckle.

OP
OP
P

PirateBanker

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2015
Hope Town, Abaco, Bahamas
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks for the come backs, Crusader, I think you may be correct, amazing to me how the green corrosion from the salt water can make something look older than it is...
I have added a picture of the "sash" with a ruler next to it for size
029.JPG

and I have added another photo of something else that needs identifying if you can help, thanks so much.
032.JPG 033.JPG 034.JPG

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha, I have found your second item both in England and in the US. Never gotten a definitive id on them, but as far as I can tell they were the rollers for the ropes holding the old window weights. Some have said they were from the spring-loaded blinds but I don't think that's right. Old window part from late 19th C to early 20th C. Is there a small axle on one side of it that it would rotate on? If not it may have broken off this one or this may be a slightly different style, but pretty sure it's from a window.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PirateBanker

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2015
Hope Town, Abaco, Bahamas
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi Erik....Thank you for your response and YES, there is a there a small axle on one side of it that it would rotate on, and there are some circa 1880 houses here that still have the original windows of that style, I will investigate the existing windows to see what I can find, my apologies for my delayed response, much appreciate your help!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Erik....Thank you for your response and YES, there is a there a small axle on one side of it that it would rotate on, and there are some circa 1880 houses here that still have the original windows of that style, I will investigate the existing windows to see what I can find, my apologies for my delayed response, much appreciate your help!

No problem Deb. Let us know what you find out. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread