What's new

From WWI into the 1930s

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From WWI into the 1930's

I got out today for a hunt (first this year) at a late-1920's house that was going to be torn down but was disappointed at first, with no silver coinage.
However, I was thrilled for what I did end up finding.

First up were two "partial" lead figurines. . . Wilma and Killer Kane (from the 1930's "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" lead figure set) which I found in the front yard, and then near the front sidewalk, a WWI service medal which I think may be attributed to French reconstruction after the war.

In the backyard, the only finds of note were a 1919 Buffalo and a CrackerJack Presidential Mystery coin (John Tyler).

All in all, it was great to get out.

Thanks for looking!

_DSC1934.webp

_DSC1936.webp

_DSC1938.webp
 
Upvote 14
That is pretty awesome you saved those pieces if history now go back after the house is torn down you might find even more stuff. Nice
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom