What's new

Frozen ground

fbjr

Full Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
166
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if detecting while the ground is frozen would send a deeper signal ? I know my detector scans deeper when the ground is wet so would it be the same when the ground is frozen ?? Hhhhmmmm :icon_scratch:
 
I'm not sure. I think it would be harder to scan because when the water freezes it forms crystals, which could change the
the reflectivity of the signals.
anybody else have an opinion
I know it would be harder to dig. LOL
 
but would those same crystals form a connection that would boost the signal ?
 
Assuming those crystals gave a good signal at say, 10 or 12" deep, how big of a jackhammer would you need? :icon_scratch: :laughing7: bg
 

Attachments

  • lg_jackhammer.gif
    lg_jackhammer.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 380
just thinking about acting like a dog and marking some territory for the spring :tongue3:
 
if they are in my own yard, yes !!! I have no doubt I could find those spots in the spring.
 
Frozen ground wouldnt change the depth any more than wet ground. Water weather frozen or in liquid form has the same magnetic permabillity.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom