Frying pan? and other unknown

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
These were both found at a site where there has been activity since the beginning of the country. There was a civil war encampment in the area but I cannnot say for sure it was exactly on this spot. I did find a "tent rope tightener" on the same location, but there are reenacments here quite often and it may be a replica.

The flat thing looks like a frying pan to me, but without edges seems impractical. The handle does cure up 2 inches toward the end.

The other thing has 2 big square openings and what looks like two small dime size holes on either end.

Just thought I'd throw these out here before I throw them out :)

Attachments

• Unknown 002.jpg
    Unknown 002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 718
May I suggest using electrolysis to clean them.
My best setup uses a stainless steel container and THAT part is the anode.
Great results, and you may want to keep the item after you see what you have.
If you do not want them, some blacksmith may want it, as they really like working with the "old " steel.
Good luck ,Bill

Upvote 0
bill17042 said:
May I suggest using electrolysis to clean them.
My best setup uses a stainless steel container and THAT part is the anode.
Great results, and you may want to keep the item after you see what you have.
If you do not want them, some blacksmith may want it, as they really like working with the "old " steel.
Good luck ,Bill

Thanks Bill, I do intend to do that. I have experimented with a smaller setup (the foldgers can) and have a spare aquarium I want to get setup. Just need to find a place to put it so I don't catch hell from the wife ::)

Upvote 0
Here's my three cents: 1) It's a pizza cutter. 2) It's a kitchen tool used to flute the edge of a pie. 3) It's an iron for dipping into batter then into the deep fryer to make this snowflake looking treat that gets covered with powdered sugar. Uh oh! I think I must be getting hungry again!
Bluezman

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back